[SOLVED] Strange shader issue with dx12 games (UIDetect)

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1 by brussell Strange shader issue with dx12 games (UIDetect) was created by brussell
I post this here because this seems to be an issue with Reshade itself.
My UIDetect shader doesn't seem to work correctly with dx12 games.
(I apologize beforehand for not offering a better, stripped down example shader for this issue, since I don't use windows10 and thus can't test this myself.)
Discussing the problem in this thread I accidently discovered a "fix" that I can't understand at all. The shader works as intended only if I add an arbitrary pass in the UIDetect technique like this:
technique UIDetect
{
   //arbitrary pass
   pass {
        VertexShader = PostProcessVS;
        PixelShader = PS_Test;
        RenderTarget = texTest;
    }
    pass {
        VertexShader = PostProcessVS;
        PixelShader = PS_UIDetect;
        RenderTarget = texUIDetect;
    }
}
It doesn't matter what PS_Test actually does (in my case I just write to some arbitrary texture that isn't used in the rest of the shader). Just the existence of this pass "solves" the problem.
What's wrong here?
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by brussell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Strange shader issue with dx12 games (UIDetect)
That's a ReShade bug, which is now fixed in github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/842381...2cb573391918e2a658d9 !
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.