[SOLVED] Fraps and ReShade - not compatible?

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by MonarchX Fraps and ReShade - not compatible? was created by MonarchX
I reported Witcher 3 not working with ReShade, but I was wrong. The reason Witcher 3 did not work with ReShade was because I had FRAPS running. When I exit Fraps, Witcher 3 works. So is ReShade and FRAPS not compatible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nerd
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Nerd Replied by Nerd on topic Fraps and ReShade - not compatible?
Just enable fraps after you launch the game, it's some kind of an issue with 64bit dx11 games, I've had to do it before.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Fraps and ReShade - not compatible?
It still crashes the game hard when you try to take screenshots and move if you launch Fraps AFTER the game loads...

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Fraps and ReShade - not compatible?
Why would anyone use FRAPS to take screenshots? Especially when it doesn't even capture Reshade effects? (at least I think it doesn't) Just use PrintScreen to take screencaps through Reshade itself.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Fraps and ReShade - not compatible?
PrintScreen does not seem to work in Witcher 3 or maybe I do not know where the ReShade screenshots are stored???

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 10 months ago #6 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Fraps and ReShade - not compatible?
Hmm, that would be a problem, yeah. Reshade's screenshots are normally found in the same folder as reshade's .dll.

• mindu
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #7 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic Fraps and ReShade - not compatible?
I bump this thread because ReShade 1.1.0 still crash GTAV if I have FRAPS opened... is there anyway to fix it please?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by mindu.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.