Reshade UI won't open

• bobrocks
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #1 by bobrocks Reshade UI won't open was created by bobrocks
Pressing the shortcut key to open the Reshade Menu just doesn't work for me. I've verified this is reshade as I tested it on multiple games and I can't open the UI.

I have tried:
- Rebinding the shortcut key to something else in Reshade.ini
- Reinstalling (countless times)
- Using a different version (I've used more than 5 versions at this point and nothing has changed)
- Disabling all third party overlays (enabling only reshade)
- Running games in windowed/borderless windowed/fullscreen e.t.c
It is worth noting that reshade loads the shaders and effects just fine, it even shows the prompt asking me to press "home" or whatever shortcut to open up the UI. For some reason it is not recognizing my input and the UI refuses to open, plain and simple.

It's my last ditch effort to ask on here as judging from the recent posts; this isn't a very active place. If this fails to work I will have no choice but to give up. This has been a frustrating journey and I am at my breaking point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Reshade UI won't open
Well the good news is that this is something specific to your system, as it works fine elsewhere, so it is solveable
The bad news is that this is something specific to your system, otherwise you wouldn't be posting :)

Just quickly -- do you have any controllers (like the XBOX controller) connected? This can interfere with keypresses, I hear.

The real solution if HOME doesn't work for you, is something you've already listed:

> - Rebinding the shortcut key to something else in Reshade.ini

It's not possible that every key on your keyboard doesn't work, otherwise you wouldn't be posting. So how are you rebinding the key to something else in Reshade.ini?

EDIT: Also, just to be sure it's not game specific, can you list all the games you've tried? Maybe we can confirm it is/is not related to the game (as some games have had input-catching issues in the past).
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Martigen.

• bobrocks
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #3 by bobrocks Replied by bobrocks on topic Reshade UI won't open
Thanks for the swift reply.

I have no controllers connected it's only kbm.

All the buttons on my keyboard work including the HOME key I've already tested them thoroughly.

One thing to note however, is that when I re-binded the menu key to "PRINT SCREEN" it actually opened!

But the very frustrating downside is that, it locked my cursor to the middle of the screen, prevented from navigating to it's other tabs or interact with it all (even pressing arrow keys didn't do anything).

The menu opened but it was effectively frozen, I had to kill the game process in task manager.

What I think is occurring is that RESHADE's input reading is bugged for me, so it only recognizes print screen (screenshot) which is why when I rebind that key to the menu it is able to open (albeit frozen). Literally no other key seems to work.

I've tested this on at least 5 different versions for only two games so far, Witcher 3 and THIEF GOLD (I do not have very many games atm). But those games are diverse enough to the point where them having the same problem with reshade is highly suggestive that reshade just doesn't like my system.

Honestly at this point, the only thing that could fix it is formatting all my drives and reinstalling the OS lol.

• bobrocks
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #4 by bobrocks Replied by bobrocks on topic Reshade UI won't open
I have finally fixed the issue.

In Australia we use this app called Citrix for online work nowadays, this seems to cause some issues with the Reshade overlay (even when it's turned off).

I completely uninstalled it, and now my Reshade menu works like a charm.

This isn't most ideal, as I need Citrix to do my work, but at least I have found the cause of this frustrating problem.

TLDR; to any Australians that might read this, be wary of Citrix Receiver as it could cause issues with the Reshade Overlay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Homekeyerror

• Martigen
More
3 years 5 months ago #5 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Reshade UI won't open
I was going to say, if Print Scrn works bound then any other key should, unless keypresses were being intercepted by another program.

Congratulations on solving it!

Note that your experience with Print Scrn working but not being able to move the mouse in the Reshade menu is likely unrelated to your key issue. Crosire has improved this over the years but it still happens in some games -- you open the Reshade menu, but mouse movement is being intercepted by the game. The workaround for this is usually to Esc to the game's main menu, or the character inventory, just another part of the game interface and often you'll find the mouse working when bringing up Reshade. I've had this problem for eg with The Long Dark and Star Crawlers.

Also hello fellow aussie!

• Homekeyerror
More
1 year 8 months ago #6 by Homekeyerror Replied by Homekeyerror on topic Reshade UI won't open
Thank you I had the same problem for over 3 Years and finnaly got to this post

• keanopc
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #7 by keanopc Replied by keanopc on topic Reshade UI won't open
it still wont open for me i disconneted my xbox controller

• Shugo-Misery405
More
5 months 1 week ago #8 by Shugo-Misery405 Replied by Shugo-Misery405 on topic Reshade UI won't open
I am having the same issue. I just installed Reshade today and the menu won't open for me! I am on windows and Everytime I try to open the menu it closes my game and opens up the task bar instead! I am so frustrated, i don't know how to fix the issue!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.