Slow game startup with ReShade installed

• StormEye
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #1 by StormEye Slow game startup with ReShade installed was created by StormEye
I have ReShade installed on laptop and desktop on same game (Final Fantasy 14).

Its quite strange that game startup time is different for two PCs and the slower startup is on the Desktop, which has VASTLY superior hardware.

Laptop is used at the office, and desktop is used at home, so they are using different networks.

The reason I mention network is that I saw from searching online that ReShade checks update on different modules it has installed, and thus it takes longer to boot. But I just don't really understand what the problem is. I have better network at home than in office as well.

With some rough startup time testing (time taken until I see startup splash screen)
1. Desktop - 15 seconds
2. Laptop - 3 seconds

Would like to get some help with this. Its something minor (at least its working), but its quite annoying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.