UT2004 - how can I combine two depth buffers?

• TheBozz
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #1 by TheBozz UT2004 - how can I combine two depth buffers? was created by TheBozz
Hi all,

I've been experimenting with ReShade 4.8.2 and some GI and DOF shaders on UT2004. This is a DX8 game, so it's using the DX8 to DX9 DLL. I noticed I can get the depth buffer working for either the world view or the held weapon, but not both. It switches between them if I check "copy the depth buffer before clear operations":
  • With the option disabled, I see only one depth buffer with just the weapon geometry depth
  • With the option enabled, I see three depth buffers: a first one with the world geometry, a second CLEAR 1 one with just a horizontal fog to the horizon, and a third CLEAR 2 one with the world geometry again

I can upload screenshots if needed for more clarity.

I don't see any options to combine or stack depth buffers. It's annoying for GI and DOF because it makes both effects ignore weapon geometry if I choose the world depth buffer, or just work on the weapon if I choose the weapon depth buffer.

Is there any solution to this? I'm not experienced with shader coding so I don't even know where to start.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowenz
More
3 years 4 months ago #2 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic UT2004 - how can I combine two depth buffers?
You can't, you must use a modified version of ReShade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.