Reshade in Cyberpunk 2077

• Amadel
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #1 by Amadel Reshade in Cyberpunk 2077 was created by Amadel
Hello! First of all I would like to thank everyone involved in the development of reshade, you guys (and girls if any) are GREAT! I'm using reshade in almost all the games I play.

Now to the question.
Is it possible to run reshade with Cyberpunk 2077 (a dx12 game) on Windows 7? Because I can't make it work. Devs use some additional dlls (dx11 on dx12 and d3d12) that are in game folder, and reshade can't hook.
I looked at log, and it seems that it tries to get dx DLL from system32 folder, and it can't find dx12 DLL there as I'm on Windows 7 (sharing crossire's position on this matter:) ).
Hope somebody can help me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redundanz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
3 years 4 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Reshade in Cyberpunk 2077
This isn't going to help except with respect to confirm that CP2077 is not the issue -- on Windows 10 I just installed Reshade 4.8.2 to CP2077 as d3d12.dll and it works fine (well, it can't grab the depth-buffer correctly but I'm sure that will get fixed hopefully!).

So it's definitely a Win 7 problem it seems.

• Amadel
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #3 by Amadel Replied by Amadel on topic Reshade in Cyberpunk 2077
Yeah. I saw posts about people successfully using reshade with cp2077 before.
Thanks for your confirmation.

• crosire
More
3 years 4 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade in Cyberpunk 2077
d3d12on7 support is not currently enabled in public ReShade builds. It's implemented though, since I used that to test D3D12 support before on my Win7 machine, so can see if that can be enabled publically in the next ReShade version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redundanz, Amadel, metalmickee

• Redundanz
More
3 years 4 months ago #5 by Redundanz Replied by Redundanz on topic Reshade in Cyberpunk 2077
That would be really aweseome. I'm in the same boat...

• Amadel
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #6 by Amadel Replied by Amadel on topic Reshade in Cyberpunk 2077
Great news!
Thank you for your reply and your work. Without it I would be devoured by shitty green filters they put in almost every modern game 😁

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.