Cyberpunk HDR No Likee

• Dazaster
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1 by Dazaster Cyberpunk HDR No Likee was created by Dazaster
I can't capture Reshade effects properly with either HDR mode in Cyberpunk 2077. I have Win10, latest Geforce driver on an RTX 2070 and an HDR monitor.
The effects display fine in-game, but capturing with Reshade, Steam overlay or Nvidia produce a washed out image.
Capturing with the in-game only captures the default lighting.

Turning off HDR in-game, the correct image is captured with Reshade, Steam and Nvidia. The in-game still only captures default though.

You can see what I mean Here
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Dazaster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Cyberpunk HDR No Likee
Screenshots are only supported in LDR (the image file formats are all 8bpp) and there is no built-in tonemapping to correct for the difference when you have HDR enabled. So it will simply clip the data and the resulting image will look washed out.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by crosire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.