Need to disable/hide the intro banner showing reshade version Please Help

• Jackxd
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #1 by Jackxd Need to disable/hide the intro banner showing reshade version Please Help was created by Jackxd
This is regarding disabling/hiding the intro banner that shows when reshade starts at the start of a game, showing: "ReShade 4.5.4.774 by crosire " and below shows the shaders number compiling...

I am using reshade on star wars the old republic (the original not the online version) and the game goes back and forth between the game rendering with reshade on, and playing movie cutscenes which don't use the reshade. So every time the a small movie cutscene ends and the game rendering starts again, that intro banner is displayed again showing "ReShade 4.5.4.774 by crosire " and below shows the shaders number compiling. The banner lasts for about 6 seconds every single time.

Problem: I need a way to completely hide/disable that banner showing that info. I would still like to be able to access the in game reshade menu though if possible.

In my game folder I have: my saved personal preset file, reshade.ini, opengl32.dll and the reshade-shaders folder which contains the two folders: shaders and textures and their normal files.

The only possible solution I found on this forum was:

"If you are using SweetFX, modify SweetFX\Global_settings.txt file by changing ReShade_ShowToggleMessage and SweetFX_Greeting to 0.

If you are using Framework, modify Reshade\Common_settings.cfg file by changing RFX_ShowToggleMessage to 0. "

My reshade install does not have a "reshade" folder nor does it have a common_settings.cfg file. I removed my existing reshade preset from the game folder, and downloaded and installed the most recent version of reshade, but I still do not have a reshade folder or a common_settings.cfg file.

Can someone please help me with this?? I have spent so many hours, and hours searching and reading without a concrete solution. I just want to hide that banner from ever showing but still be able to access in the ingame reshade menu. Any help or suggestions to try are GREATLY appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need to disable/hide the intro banner showing reshade version Please Help
Use the latest ReShade (4.8+) and you won't see banners mid-game.

• Jackxd
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #3 by Jackxd Replied by Jackxd on topic Need to disable/hide the intro banner showing reshade version Please Help
I tried updating to the latest version and still have the same problem. What I am saying is, when my game comes out of a cutscene, ReShade treats it like the game is booting for the first time and initializes, showing the banner mid game. So over the course of the entire game I would end up seeing it several hundred times, with the latest version. I need to stop/hide the banner completely. Still need help please.

• Jackxd
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #4 by Jackxd Replied by Jackxd on topic Need to disable/hide the intro banner showing reshade version Please Help
Perhaps there is an older version I could change to? That might allow me to hide the intro banner? Any ideas anyone please?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.