Sims 4 game won’t start with Reshade installed

• lusttrait
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #1 by lusttrait Sims 4 game won’t start with Reshade installed was created by lusttrait
Hello!
So 4 days ago, I was in game after I downloaded hq mod and I went into settings because I wanted to just mess with it and see if the game looked different on ultra vs custom and then my reshade preset broke.
There was no MXAO or Cinematic DOF anything like that working just the color. Not knowing reshade really well, I didn’t know what to do so I uninstalled reshade and installed 4.7 because 3.8 wasn’t working (the shaders weren’t working.)
4.7 was working fine but my reshade preset looked a lot different even after tweaking it.

I found out that if you change your game settings from ultra or whatever that it can turn edge scrolling on and that’s supposed to be off for reshade shaders to work so I uninstalled 4.7 and installed 3.8 back.
then, I was having the amazing issue where my game wouldn't start with 3.8 installed. After messing with it for days, checking the reshade forums (I've changed the d3d9 file names and all that, nothing works. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, still nothing. I am correctly installing reshade and uninstalling it.) I downloaded the newest version of reshade and that is the only version I can get to work for me on my pc, but the MXAO looks awful and I'm not sure how to fix it. My preset looks terrible and I've tried messing with it but it's extremely dark, the MXAO is just off. I've seen other people having this issue with the newest update as well. 

I've backed up all of my files and am thinking about resetting my pc and essentially wiping it to get this to work but if there's something else I can do and anyone can help please let me know. I would like 3.8 back but my game won't start up with it for some reason /:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Sims 4 game won’t start with Reshade installed
Which ReShade version you use does not matter if you use the same shaders + preset. So installing ReShade 4.9, but using the shaders + preset from 3.8 (and NOT the new ones) will produce the same image as running 3.8 with those same shaders + preset.

• lusttrait
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #3 by lusttrait Replied by lusttrait on topic Sims 4 game won’t start with Reshade installed
Hmmm...yeah, I know that. But the MXAO is messed up and I'm not sure why.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.