BOTW Reshade MXAO Flickering

• Flairsurfer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #1 by Flairsurfer BOTW Reshade MXAO Flickering was created by Flairsurfer
I apologize in advance for the lack of knowing the terminolgy. I've just started using reshade.

I've been trying to get MXAO working for BOTW and I've ran into a problem that I haven't found a solution for on other forums. When using DisplayDepth.fx to see if MXAO is working, It starts to flicker between having working shadows and a black screen. I've read in elsewhere that this is due to Reshade checking a network connection as a safeguard so you wouldn't get banned in multiplayer games. Does anyone have a solution on how to keep it from flickering?

For a preset, I'm specifically using BlueLegacy's Definitive Preset.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Flairsurfer. Reason: Removed redudancy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Flairsurfer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #2 by Flairsurfer Replied by Flairsurfer on topic BOTW Reshade MXAO Flickering
In addition to this, I've tried all the different global preprocessor definition instructions in the DisplayDepth fx

Heres a GIF of whats happening for example when I'm paused. Sorry for the size!

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Flairsurfer. Reason: Added GIF of pause menu

• Flairsurfer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #3 by Flairsurfer Replied by Flairsurfer on topic BOTW Reshade MXAO Flickering (SOLVED)
Well after looking into it for a bit. I finally got it to work. If you open up ReShade in game and go to the Vulcan tab. It will tell you that you have a high network activity and that depth buffers will be disabled. If you are using BetterJoyForCemu, disable the motion server (By clicking the right arrow at the edge of the application on the right, and scrolling through till you find it). And that will allow you to use MXAO in game.

So TLDR: The payoff for using MXAO in BOTW is to disable your gyro controls in BetterJoyForCemu.

If anyone finds a solution to be able to use both at the same time, msg me on twitter @Flairsurfer

Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/ur2d4hW.mp4

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.