Settings ini extensive text & size

• kenshikunai
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #1 by kenshikunai Settings ini extensive text & size was created by kenshikunai
Hi!

I noticed after creating a preset for myself compared to other files from users, mine is simply bigger both in size and text even with not that many shaders active. 
My ini file has the listed active techniques used at the beginning of the file followed by many that are not in actual use, the rest of the ini is filled with configurations for pretty much every single shader that i have "tried" yet are not active in the preset.

Example:
Warning: Spoiler!

Is there a way to clean the file or do i have to manually remove every value for effects that are not being used? Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards!
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by kenshikunai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tojkar
More
2 years 11 months ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Settings ini extensive text & size
The preset file contains each and every shader settings that you've ever activated for that specific preset. For example if you only activate FXAA, that will be the only effect found in there, but if you activate both FXAA and sharpening and then de-activate and stop using sharpening, it's settings will still be in the preset file.

Which brings me to a request for a QOL feature. @Crosire: Would it be possible to create a clean up button into settings tab or somewhere which would re-write the preset file with only activated effects? Would make sharing presets a lot less laborious by eliminating the manual clean up, but also setting up third party presets by making it much more easy to check for the required and possibly missing shaders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenshikunai

• kenshikunai
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #3 by kenshikunai Replied by kenshikunai on topic Settings ini extensive text & size
Thank you for the info and heads up! That makes a lot more sense.

Would love to see the QOL request being a part of the main program!

Best regards~

• crosire
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Settings ini extensive text & size
Implemented in github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/8da20e...c68c30cc4f75e91a49d4 (there is a new button next to the "+" button at the top to clean up the current preset).
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tojkar, kenshikunai

• kenshikunai
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago #5 by kenshikunai Replied by kenshikunai on topic Settings ini extensive text & size
Sorry it took look to reply, and thank you! How could go around using this, if it isn't much to ask?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.