Sims 4 wouldnt launch with reshade

• ellpissalot
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #1 by ellpissalot Sims 4 wouldnt launch with reshade was created by ellpissalot
Everytime i try to launch the game, it'll only take me into the black loading screen with the reshade loading section saying 'there were errors compiling some shaders'. I looked into the log and this is exactly what it said 'Failed to compile "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\reshade-shaders\Shaders\DOF.fx":
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\reshade-shaders\Shaders\DOF.fx(970, 31): error X3120: invalid type for index - index must be an integer scalar'. this happened after i installed some presets with textures and shaders. i realised that the presets arent compatible with my version of reshade so could that be the source of the problem? how do i fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Voltar
More
2 years 9 months ago #2 by Voltar Replied by Voltar on topic Sims 4 wouldnt launch with reshade
Delete conflicting shader file - \reshade-shaders\Shaders\DOF.fx and try launch game. If other shaders compatible - you're good to go ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.