[SOLVED] [Max Payne] mouse and keyboard not working with the GUI.

• IDontKnow
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #1 by IDontKnow [Max Payne] mouse and keyboard not working with the GUI. was created by IDontKnow
I wanted to play Max Payne 1 with reshade but I can't use mouse, keyboard doesn't work either. When I tested the keyboard input with a different game (splinter cell) I had to click on the GUI first to use the keyboard. So is there a way for the reshade window to be automatically focused when I click home? I remember that once I had a workaround to switch the tabs with , it worked from what I remember, But now my tab key is broken, so I can't use this method anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MiscSarcasm
More
1 year 11 months ago #2 by MiscSarcasm Replied by MiscSarcasm on topic [Max Payne] mouse and keyboard not working with the GUI.
So has anyone figured anything out with this game? Today with ReShade 5.1.0 we still can't configure it with the GUI in the original Max Payne. For reference, this is with the widescreen mod, but whether in the menus (which display 4:3) or the game (16:9) neither keyboard input nor the hardware cursor ever reach the ReShade GUI. It's a classic game that would really benefit from some shaders. Is there no solution?

• crosire
More
1 year 10 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [Max Payne] mouse and keyboard not working with the GUI.
Fixed by github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/e73205...25fc25d741cdbab3c7c2 . Btw., keyboard input already worked, so you can navigate through the overlay with just that.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.