DepthBuffer low resolution

• Flyynn101
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #1 by Flyynn101 DepthBuffer low resolution was created by Flyynn101
when i enable a shader that uses depthbuffer, there is extreme aliasing due to the low depthbuffer resolution.
my resolution is 2560x1080.
ibb.co/9T3gkfX

i tried to change some numbers in displaydepth.fx hoping that somehow i could fix it, even though i know nothing about coding.
so i changed the PixelSize.xy value and the aliasing was gone but the image flickered a lot.
so i assumed that the limitation is from the shader it self.

i changed the bold line value
    float2 posCenter = texcoord.xy;
    float2 posNorth  = posCenter - offset.zy;
    float2 posEast   = posCenter + offset.xz;

float3 vertCenter = float3(posCenter, 1) * GetDepth(posCenter);
    float3 vertNorth  = float3(posNorth,  1) * GetDepth(posNorth);
    float3 vertEast   = float3(posEast,   1) * GetDepth(posEast);

return normalize(cross(vertCenter - vertNorth, vertCenter - vertEast)) * 0.5 + 0.5;
}

if any one could me understand how i could increase the resolution, pls reply :I
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Flyynn101. Reason: image wasnt showing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DepthBuffer low resolution
What you are seeing is a visualization that tries to calculate screen space normals from the depth data in the depth buffer. This is not necessarily precise and can have artifacts, but that does not matter, it's only job is to make things easier to see for configuration. Other effects use the actual depth data as input, which has more precision, not the normals visualization (the data range that can be stored in the depth buffer is generally higher than what can be displayed as color, so the conversion for visualization is always lossy).

• Flyynn101
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #3 by Flyynn101 Replied by Flyynn101 on topic DepthBuffer low resolution
I tried a different shader that uses depth data(chromakey). but there is still allot of aliasing. I tried a variety of different shader and they give the same result. I tried using different depth buffers in the dx11 tab, but still same issue.

image of chroma key
ibb.co/xqRLvbp

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.