5.0 not working on New Vegas.

• zerkalo
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #1 by zerkalo 5.0 not working on New Vegas. was created by zerkalo
After updating I get black screen when starting the game. Had to revert to 4.9.1 . 
Anyone else seeing this? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunrise_Parabellum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sunrise_Parabellum
More
2 years 2 months ago #2 by Sunrise_Parabellum Replied by Sunrise_Parabellum on topic 5.0 not working on New Vegas.
Yes, I am as well :( I'm a new user of ReShade however, just downloaded the software last night for fnv, so my problem could be due in part to being a novice. All my other mods on my game work, and my game works without ReShade enabled on my game, but I have the same problem as you. I get a black screen as well when I toggle the shaders on (like fxaa or vignette any other shader), but if i turn all shaders off on the reshade overlay, then the screen goes to a solid color screen, that *seems* to change color as the day cycle of the game changes? Idk its weird. Well if the previous version of Reshade works, then i'll just use that one for now.

• Sunrise_Parabellum
More
2 years 2 months ago #3 by Sunrise_Parabellum Replied by Sunrise_Parabellum on topic 5.0 not working on New Vegas.
Oh and the vanilla shader preset that comes w reshade, and sweetfx also come with the same results for me (black screen w shaders enabled, solid color that seems to change w day cycled with shaders disabled). I have not tried to use any other shader preset that comes with the reshade program. (my apologies if this add-on was unnecessary)

• zerkalo
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #4 by zerkalo Replied by zerkalo on topic 5.0 not working on New Vegas.
Well 4.9.1 is working fine and NV is a very old game. Even if this might be worked out we can't expect compatibility forever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunrise_Parabellum

• Sunrise_Parabellum
More
2 years 2 months ago #5 by Sunrise_Parabellum Replied by Sunrise_Parabellum on topic 5.0 not working on New Vegas.
yeah, it's a lot of maintenance and work to make a 10+ year old game still be compatible w/ modern software, I guess it's good to bring it to attention though

• crosire
More
2 years 2 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 5.0 not working on New Vegas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zerkalo

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.