[SOLVED] Black Mesa (Steam EA) and ReShade 0.18.x

• Dr4Wm4N
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1 by Dr4Wm4N [SOLVED] Black Mesa (Steam EA) and ReShade 0.18.x was created by Dr4Wm4N
Hello!

I just bought Black Mesa (Steam Early Access) and noticed a weird problem when using ReShade with it: if I use any of the 0.18.x versions, the game stutters like Hell, but only when I move my mouse. :blink:
At this moment, my GPU usage climbs to 100% instantly (I can view it thanks to MSI Afterburner and my Logitech G19 LCD), which is I think the cause of the stuttering.
I tested several old versions of ReShade and it seems that only the 0.18.x versions causes this behaviour, the more recent ReShade version that works well with this game is the 0.17.1, but it has some issues with hotkeys. :(
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Dr4Wm4N. Reason: Problem solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ScarecrowDM
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by ScarecrowDM Replied by ScarecrowDM on topic Black Mesa (Steam Early Access) and ReShade 0.18.x
Works fine here, 60 FPS + 1440p, also using MSI Afterburner and RadeonPRO.
No stuttering and GPU usage seems normal.

Currently using ReShade 0.18.7 + SweetFX.
I didn't tested it with Framework or MasterEffects, though.

No problems also with other source games, like CS:GO and TF2.

Try to update your driver if you didn't it already.
Use DDU to clean your system before update.

• Dr4Wm4N
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by Dr4Wm4N Replied by Dr4Wm4N on topic Black Mesa (Steam Early Access) and ReShade 0.18.x
Nevermind, must have been some problem with my Windows installation, I just reinstalled my PC (not for this bug, I had other issues) and everything works correctly with Black Mesa and latest ReShade version. Case closed.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.