Installing Reshade" infinite load | no effects in subfolders detected

• deton244
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #1 by deton244 Installing Reshade" infinite load | no effects in subfolders detected was created by deton244
I fixed the issue(s), but maybe something can be done, so it won't happen for anyone in the future.

The steps to more or less reproduce the issue(s) are the following:

I have game Airborne Troops.
d3d9.dll renamed to dxgi and installed dgvoodoo.
Almost all shaders installed.
Created some presets.
Performed multiple actions of ALT+F4 and reopening the game
I opened dgvoodoo control panel in backrgound
Performed multiple actions of ALT+F4 and reopening the game

What happened?
Looks like Reshade.ini have been reset - no shaders are detected and providing manual paths doesn't detect all shaders - specifically those which are in subfolders (shaders\xxx\)
Uninstalling Reshade showed error on exit with log file write protected.

Installing Reshade is impossible - it hangs on installing Reshade (before picking shaders)
Bug cause - dgVoodoo Control Panel - after closing, logs can be deleted and Reshade installed again
(injector was deleted, I think everything beside logs was deleted)

Summary:

Reshade.Ini was reset probably after one of ALT+F4 actions
(why it was reset?)

Why shaders in subfolders couldn't be detected after ini reset?
>Because every shader folder needs to be added separately
(would be nice to somehow detect shaders in subfolders)

Fix:
Closed dgVoodoo Control Panel and reinstalled Reshade (shaders to download detected and added to ini automatically after choosing preset),
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by deton244.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• deton244
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #2 by deton244 Replied by deton244 on topic Installing Reshade" infinite load | no effects in subfolders detected
After 8 hours I triggered the same issue of Reshade.ini reset after few of ALT+F4 and game reopening actions.
Ini is completely empty.

Don't know how it was in previous case, but now it was most probably due to 0B (0 bytes) of free hard disk space somehow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.