Garry's Mod Depth Buffer Issue

• Concon
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #1 by Concon Garry's Mod Depth Buffer Issue was created by Concon
I'm trying to get the RTGI shader working on Garry's Mod, but the depth buffer is being weird. It shows the depth, but it's glitchy. I have to enable "Copy depth buffer before clear operations" and I have to select CLEAR 2 or 4 to make it work. But there's a problem. On clear 2, the depth buffer goes underneath the world's geometry when looking towards the center of Construct, plus up and down are swapped. 
[img

Weird, right? But there's more. When I select clear 4, when looking at the brick bunker to the left of the map, the depth buffer rendering freezes! Not the game, but the depth buffer!!!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gOReCAHwrencWgg33SIBPbkU5yxoLH75MKcWaQWQwg9fkqeq51xWXIyul0vgkdIN9sARuvD1e39dJK729cRjbgOVui-GXTYi1uHjNABIWnA14y_ske5GoH2KCF_PCV2Z_o-ty7SML5bwdqgjDVK7L1F3W0mrgkzFgluW3lhBUTGbYWg-xCjDUOPhMjREAMslBQOg4xQj2FMUTRrbqKpiRvgR210nwBC6eaB_kurxZ7VPbibKtRtdTLelGMZwRVo-9fiePe9TSvTcrICVDbXu1LmmlhtTQQAu1KXGnbXOcV8RrVQ3ErYD0rclgthQiZsi_EL-SlrmqCt73kOz7QwoFjYFLhjbLSUuJ3HnY6QOUwzWSI-dcShjpPMDEeymPcfA7OkTeSQ3anGuiPRXUqd1p9XrKUat0zYJHv5WOOBFSKbzUVYQE9lZjWAAHlPr_9mZr7B01iSX2GXFb3prO4hEOsbKwfAICQQ-OTcf20Pds35AZlRbd70H3qs3SVzFfC9Ongdls4u9zQ6IX3E68AQdA45RRtRnaqCdgIt_IP2yUOK18q6O2XrvGRqgL2PETJsTs4PhLfCoLunLMaj2oY8nsYDQjynVIpkyuBNRDXRjI0wMyLnFZvQGR-Wx3Xrlk0YOrS4BET2NGIZpQkaSs6xUfHxEKomJVlvpDy3zOfel32J3zm0ns0NO8gfO9FrvkEVueiXnkIz-HupE-1crVXrpP6M=w1608-h904-no?authuser=0It freezes right around here. No clear selected, and clear 1 also work, but it only shows the 3d skybox!

Does anyone know how to fix this? Also RTGI's shadows don't work either.

I'm running Garry's Mod on 64-bit Windows 10, with the x86-64 branch enabled on Steam and Directx12 (I selected Directx9 when installing Reshade as that's what Source uses.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Erestas1
More
1 year 5 months ago #2 by Erestas1 Replied by Erestas1 on topic Garry's Mod Depth Buffer Issue
Have you found a solution?

• Erestas1
More
1 year 5 months ago #3 by Erestas1 Replied by Erestas1 on topic Garry's Mod Depth Buffer Issue
Hey i had the same issue and i found a solution!
Go on steam > setttings > cloud and disable clolud synchronization. Then go to program files 64x > steam > userdata > 1032123349 > 4000 and delete all the files inside. uninstall and reinstall gmod and have fun!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.