[Reshade 5] RPCS3 Asura's Wrath depth buffer intermittent

• sheno1346
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #1 by sheno1346 [Reshade 5] RPCS3 Asura's Wrath depth buffer intermittent was created by sheno1346
Weird behavior for Asura's Wrath on RPCS3 (PS3 emulator). Previously, depth would not show at all in reshade. With Reshade 5, the depth will show during certain parts of cutscenes when credits are on the screen, or when the game is paused, but during normal gameplay it disappears.

Progress! But any ideas on how to make it always show? Emulator uses vulkan, and I need to use the "copy depth buffer before clear operations" option to even get it to show during the times it does as mentioned above. As soon as I unpause, the "instance" (CLEAR 1, CLEAR 2, etc.) that the depth was coming from disappears. The emulator has not had any major updates since the last time I used it on reshade 4.9 just a few days before reshade 5, so its definitely something reshade did to now properly read the depth during the pause menu, maybe it can be sorted out to read during normal gameplay too.

Whats even more weird is that the "instance" of depth that pops up during the pause menu (when depth is working) has the exact same values as the other "instance" of depth that normally shows during gameplay.

Here it is paused:

Unpaused:
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by sheno1346. Reason: fix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [Reshade 5] RPCS3 Asura's Wrath depth buffer intermittent
Likely improved by github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/373b60...332488f80decc03ea5f8, which is in the next update (ReShade 5.1).

• drowhunter
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #3 by drowhunter Replied by drowhunter on topic [Reshade 5] RPCS3 Asura's Wrath depth buffer intermittent
Using Superdepth3D I and rpcs3 on vulkan. when run the emulator in Windowed mode I can see the depth buffer perfectly. But the second I increase the size of the window past a certain amount or try to go full screen the depth buffer shows all black.

• kgr
More
1 year 9 months ago #4 by kgr Replied by kgr on topic [Reshade 5] RPCS3 Asura's Wrath depth buffer intermittent
Perhaps you need to set Scale in DisplayDepth effect Advanced Settings to match the upscaled resolution.
Eg: If its upscaled from 720 to 1080 -> Scale 1.5; 1.5

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.