[SteamVR] Euro Truck Simulator 2 / American Truck Simulator compatibility issue

• sittingrubberduck
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 week ago #1 by sittingrubberduck [SteamVR] Euro Truck Simulator 2 / American Truck Simulator compatibility issue was created by sittingrubberduck
I have installed ReShade 5.1 for ATS and I believe there is a problem with the compatibility. Reshade doesn't show up in SteamVR overlay (I tested it on another VR game and it works just fine there).

These two games are little "special" and the VR mode is little finicky:
- they don't have VR versions of the game
- VR version is installed through Beta versions in Steam
- VR also requires adding a startup argument in Steam - whether -openvr or -oculus
- after the game is launched, one has to click F10 to switch to VR view (this is required only once, the game will remember it going forward)
- there is not even a support for VR controllers

Problem: Reshade icon doesn't show amongst widgets in the SteamVR overlay and neither it is possible to use it in the preview window - when you switch to VR view, the desktop preview pretty much freezes.
I also tried it by running the executable in the game's folder X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator\bin\win_x64, but that wouldn't work either (I would create a shortcut to specify the startup argument as VR mode wouldn't work without it).

Here's how it looks when I open SteamVR overlay (ignore the missing icons, sometimes they jut disappear), this probably looks like any game which is not directly from SteamVR and instead is like a standalone game running through SteamVR

the game itself, however, seems to have a rather standard content including openvr_api.dll

Is there anything we can do to work around the issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
1 year 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [SteamVR] Euro Truck Simulator 2 / American Truck Simulator compatibility issue
I cannot reproduce this (tried in Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the VR beta version installed), button shows up in SteamVR and opens the overlay successfully without freezing. The fact that you have buttons disappearing in your SteamVR would indicate that you have a general problem there, so might want to reinstall SteamVR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.