Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade

• javic
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #1 by javic Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade was created by javic
This problem occurs on 64-bit Windows 7 with ReShade 5.1.0.

I'm trying to get reshade working with enb (and Oblivion Reloaded [OR]) in Oblivion. I've been using ENB+OR for a while with no problem. I recently added ReShade. I've set up the proxy library in "enbseries.ini" (renamed ReShade DLL to "d3d9-reshade.dll"), and reshade is functional (starts up fine, although slowly, and loads shaders). However, after enabling reshade my load time when entering a new map area went from a few seconds to several minutes. Once the map transition's done, performance is fine.

The reshade log provides a clue. It's filled with over 7,000 messages (after one map transition) saying this: "Ignoring LoadLibrary("d3d9.dll") call to avoid possible deadlock." I suspect it's the thousands of failed LoadLibrary calls that are causing the delay.

I didn't see anything in the Easy Troubleshooting guide that addresses this issue. Did I miss a setting someplace? Something else I need to do to eliminate the delay?
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by javic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• javic
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #2 by javic Replied by javic on topic Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade
Is this forum still active?

• crosire
More
1 year 11 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade
Make sure you set "InitProxyFunctions" to false in the ENB config.

• javic
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #4 by javic Replied by javic on topic Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade
Yes, it's false. (CTD otherwise.)

ReShade does get loaded and works properly (that is, the shaders do what they're supposed to do). It's just the extended loading time that's the problem. As an example, loading my latest save normally (i.e., with *just* ENB or *just* ReShade) takes 14 secs. With ENB+ReShade, it takes 64 secs.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by javic.

• Matrix
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #5 by Matrix Replied by Matrix on topic Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade
I have the same problem with Skyrim LE/oldrim (Vanilla game, No Mods! No SKSE!) and I just discovered the long loading time after I installed ReShade and yes it happens when there is ENB+ReShade (ENB v0.474, ReShade v5.1.0).

my "ReShade.log" is also filled with this warning: "| WARN  | Ignoring LoadLibrary("d3d9.dll") call to avoid possible deadlock."

InitProxyFunctions must be set to false with ReShade otherwise it's ctd on startup.

I made a couple of tests to see how long loading screen takes:
Warning: Spoiler!

it's not just with loading screen times, even loading cells when running (running from Riverwood to Whiterun 2 bridges and forward) takes long to load rocks, objects, npcs and grass, to the point it takes half a minute or more for them to pop right next to me.
also stuttering occurs as a result of this problem, can be noticed mostly before reaching the Whiterun 2 bridges.

one more thing, the add-on "Generic Depth" is causing a permanent freeze (the game becomes unresponsive) and never unfreeze even when effects are disabled.
the freeze happen randomly, sometimes at the startup of the game, sometimes after enabling/disable effects or while playing for a few seconds.
disabling this add-on fixed the problem for me (not sure if the freeze happen without ENB installed).
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Matrix.

• javic
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #6 by javic Replied by javic on topic Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade
Nice (sort of :-/) to know I'm not the only one seeing this problem (although in a different game).

> it's not just with loading screen times...

Yes. I see the same long delays in Oblivion when fast travelling or going through doors to new areas (i.e., transitions that load totally new areas of the map). It's a couple seconds normally, but a minute or more with ENB+ReShade.

• crosire
More
1 year 11 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade
This is fixed in upcoming 5.2 (presumably by github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/5d65ba...77ede7829bda0537e84c ).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matrix

• javic
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #8 by javic Replied by javic on topic Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade
Cool! Will give it a try as soon as available.

• Matrix
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #9 by Matrix Replied by Matrix on topic Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade
Thanks for your efforts, all i can do is trying out your edits and confirm if the slowdowns and the error message spam in the log are gone before the next official release.
so i downloaded this version of ReShade (i guess this is what the official v5.1.0 is based on?) , applied your fix and built it.
and yes i can confirm the slowdowns and the error message are gone!
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Matrix.

• javic
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #10 by javic Replied by javic on topic Long loading delays in Oblivion with ENB+ReShade
Just tried ReShade 5.2.2 and can confirm it fixes the problem in Oblivion. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.