ReShade 4.9.1 opening 2 menus/can't close menu.

• Some_Doofus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #1 by Some_Doofus ReShade 4.9.1 opening 2 menus/can't close menu. was created by Some_Doofus
Hi, I am using ReShade 4.9.1 in MX Bikes which is an OpenGL game, and I'm having an issue where pressing home once will open the ReShade menu, but pressing it again doesn't close it, but instead opens a second, almost identical menu. Continuing to press the home button just swaps back and forth between the two menus without closing them. Using esc does close one of the menus but not the other. Pressing esc and then home just closes and reopens the closed menu. I have tried changing the keybind to open the menu, but this is only possible on one of the menus. The other one will not accept new keybinds and will not close when home is pressed even if the other menu is closed with another key. So it seems a second "dummy" menu is opening that is not possible to close, but the shaders do still work on both menus, where you can enable the same shader on both menus and the effect is doubled. I don't know how to fix this, but I know somehow the issue was fixed before as I had this version of ReShade installed on this game last year, and I had the same issue initially, but I can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it. I can't update to 5.1 either because the depth buffer doesn't work with this game in the new update. Any help here will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Some_Doofus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #2 by Some_Doofus Replied by Some_Doofus on topic ReShade 4.9.1 opening 2 menus/can't close menu.
Another thing is the menu I can close (the one on the left) doesn't have access to the depth buffer, so no depth based shaders work using that menu, but the other menu (the one I can't close) does work. That menu also has an OpenGL tab at the top, where the one on the left has a D3D11 tab. It seems like the program has been split in two and the two halves can't communicate with each other. One half has fully functional shaders and shows all info on the statistics page but doesn't respond to keyboard inputs of any kind. The other does respond properly but seems to be missing any kind of OpenGL/depth related features. Not sure if any of this info helps, but there you go.
Here's some screenshots of the issue. The menu on the left opens and closes and I can change the hotkey, but depth shaders don't work. The one on the right is the opposite.
imgur.com/a/gzRHxuq

• Some_Doofus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #3 by Some_Doofus Replied by Some_Doofus on topic ReShade 4.9.1 opening 2 menus/can't close menu.
Ok I guess for some reason it seems to be installing both the Direct3D 11 and OpenGL versions of ReShade and they're conflicting/competing. But I can't find a D3D11.dll or similar in the game install, just opengl32.dll. I am definitely selecting OpenGL during install so idk why this is happening or how to fix it. Is there some setting in the installer or some file hidden somewhere I need to change?

• Spitfire
More
1 year 11 months ago #4 by Spitfire Replied by Spitfire on topic ReShade 4.9.1 opening 2 menus/can't close menu.
I've had this same problem when playing rdr2 in hdr mode for some reason the hdr is interfering with reshade... and when opening the menu a couple of times this same issue starts happening although when long pressing the toggle key I can sort of close them both after a few tries but it's not ideal and yes it also happened with 4.9 not sure if it still happens with 5.1.

• Some_Doofus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #5 by Some_Doofus Replied by Some_Doofus on topic ReShade 4.9.1 opening 2 menus/can't close menu.
Holding the hotkey just rapidly swaps between the two menus for me. It always happens first time I try to close the menu and once it's open I have to shut the game from the task bar or task manager to get rid of it. As I said, changing the hotkey on one menu allows me to close that one, but then the other one doesn't respond to any keyboard inputs so I'm not sure what to do there.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.