[SOLVED] Unreal Gold

• marc_dwonn
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #1 by marc_dwonn Unreal Gold was created by marc_dwonn
Hi guys! I'm trying to run Unreal Gold with SuperDepth3D in VR, but i can't get Stereo3D. My research shows that i gotta make sure that ReShade can access the depth map. I tried different renderers (DX11, DX9, OpenGL), used low settings on DX11 (no AA etc), but the DepthTool.fx doesn't show any depth map (screen stays white or black) - it doesn't even show a normal map (purple screen).

Am i missing something? What should i try next? In the ReShade compatibility list from PCGamingWiki it says:

Game: Unreal
Render API: Direct3D 11
Additional notes: Only if you install 277i patch and directx11 patch
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by marc_dwonn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marc_dwonn
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #2 by marc_dwonn Replied by marc_dwonn on topic Unreal Gold
I guess i'll wait for the remaster then... :-/

• BlueSkyKnight
More
1 year 10 months ago #3 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Unreal Gold
{Unreal Gold}
Use v227 patch. Use the DX9 render. Install Rehsade 3.0+ to System folder select DX9.
In Unreal Set your res and the go to advance settings.
Turn Off AA and go back in to the game. Start a game.

Please note. ReShade 4.9.1 was the last game I tested with this game in DX9 I have not tested 5.0+ in this game.

• marc_dwonn
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #4 by marc_dwonn Replied by marc_dwonn on topic Unreal Gold
BlueSkyKnight, you're a life-saver! Without AA, i am getting a depth map in DX9 and everything seems fine. Have not tested it in a HMD yet, looking forward to it.

I should've thought about AA, it has led to issues in the past. Oh well...

• Digika
More
1 year 10 months ago #5 by Digika Replied by Digika on topic Unreal Gold
UG had D3D11 unofficial patch.

• marc_dwonn
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #6 by marc_dwonn Replied by marc_dwonn on topic Unreal Gold
I tried the one from ModDB, but no luck.

BlueSky's method works well, but i find it's not comfortable to play like this, because without laborious tweaking the scale is off, same with the height, weapon is too big, etc. Playing flat in this case is still superior.

But i'm certainly happy that i've found an alternative to VorpX, for cases when VorpX has no profile for a game. Unreal doesn't work nicely with VorpX - i could only get OpenGL to work, and even then, some 3D elements are completely off.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by marc_dwonn.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.