Reshade 5.2.2 crash with Stalker Shadow of Chenobyl dx9 game.

• macron
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #1 by macron Reshade 5.2.2 crash with Stalker Shadow of Chenobyl dx9 game. was created by macron
Found a problem with reshade 5.2.2  (win7/rx580)
In fact reshade initialisation in Stalker comes twice: when the game menu starts and when the level loads. So with reshade 5.2.1 the menu starts ok and the level loads ok. But with 5.2.2 the menu loads ok, but the level loading crashes with the black screen with info in game log like: d3d9.dll at 725595C2 Direct3DCreate9Ex() + 116973 byte(s) . If I load the level with the batch file directly from desktop (skipping the game menu initialisation phase), it loads fine. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• macron
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #2 by macron Replied by macron on topic Reshade 5.2.2 crash with Stalker Shadow of Chenobyl dx9 game.
Made some tests with 5.3.0. It crashes too. But found some groups of effects which lead to crash when load together. No crash when only one of them is enabled. Get crash when both are enabled. For example: HeatHaze.fx + ReflectiveBumpMapping.fx. (With reshade 5.2.1 get no crash.)

link
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by macron.

• crosire
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 5.2.2 crash with Stalker Shadow of Chenobyl dx9 game.
I cannot reproduce a crash on my end when loading with either the base game or the latest OGSR mod (which you seem to be using), with or without those effects enabled.

It would help if you can post a crash dump of this happening.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by crosire.

• macron
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #4 by macron Replied by macron on topic Reshade 5.2.2 crash with Stalker Shadow of Chenobyl dx9 game.
In fact it's some x64 modification of SoC Engine. Here is a crash dump:
drive.google.com/file/d/1WA1i00ynd3Y8nOl...468/view?usp=sharing

• crosire
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 5.2.2 crash with Stalker Shadow of Chenobyl dx9 game.
And which "some x64 modification" is that? There are many forks of the X-Ray engine out there. And since it's not reproducing with the base game, that is important information to include.

The crashdump isn't sufficient to understand what is going on unfortunately. Includes where it's crashing, but that part should not be possible to crash in this way, so I will need to be able to reproduce to understand it.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by crosire.

• macron
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #6 by macron Replied by macron on topic Reshade 5.2.2 crash with Stalker Shadow of Chenobyl dx9 game.
It was some "secret" SoC x64 project, please never mind. I just could repeat the bug with the default SoC engine. All the default SoC binaries and dumps:
drive.google.com/file/d/1yJgJQpDByhIBwr1...rD6/view?usp=sharing

• macron
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #7 by macron Replied by macron on topic Reshade 5.2.2 crash with Stalker Shadow of Chenobyl dx9 game.
Just found out something new:
I have two displays: the default 1280x1024 (marked as "2" in Display settings) and the FulHD TV (marked as "1" in Display settings). Usually I use the 1280x1024 display. The TV (Display "1") is disabled in Display settings. But when I enable TV (Display "1") in "Share desktop" mode and start the game in my 1280x1024 master display, the crash disappeares.

• macron
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #8 by macron Replied by macron on topic Reshade 5.2.2 crash with Stalker Shadow of Chenobyl dx9 game.
Still get crash with 5.4.0. With 5.2.1 everything is fine. Here are some logs to compare:
drive.google.com/file/d/1oTmMt4oG6dWk2iQ...nB8/view?usp=sharing

I get no crash with 5.4.0 on game loading if I run the game (main menu), then go to Windows by Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Alt-Del for a moment, and then go back to the game (main menu). After that the loading is fine.

Update: set DepthCopyBeforeClears=1 and now get no crash with 5.4.0. Does it means that the problem is solved?
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by macron.

• macron
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #9 by macron Replied by macron on topic Reshade 5.2.2 crash with Stalker Shadow of Chenobyl dx9 game.
By the way: after deleting ReShade.ini and new game starting it creates the new one, but it is missing the [DEPTH] section with all included strings.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by macron.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.