Screenshot Comes Out Blank With DoF Effects Disabled

• batsandbabydolls
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #1 by batsandbabydolls Screenshot Comes Out Blank With DoF Effects Disabled was created by batsandbabydolls
Okay, I'm suddenly getting a very strange issue with ReShade's built-in screenshot and I couldn't begin to troubleshoot it on my own. It's always worked fine before. I did recently update my GPU's drivers so maybe that has something to do with it, but when I have ReShade effects on and disable ADoF effects, screenshots all come out blank.

It looks normal in-game. And with ADoF enabled, the screenshot turns out normal. Like this:

Settings: (Screenshot taken with external software) https://imgur.com/Sb2njK7Screenshot taken with Reshade:

Settings: (Screenshot taken with external software)

Screenshot taken with Reshade:

Screenshots taken with ReShade with all effects toggled off also come out normal.
[img]blob:https://imgur.com/7ce2feea-ff95-448b-adca-e6d71be87b66[/img]
Obviously I can work around this by using external software but I'd really like to find a solution to it because I find it useful to take screenshots with the menu open so I can mess with settings without the camera moving in-game. Does anyone know what may have caused it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
1 year 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Screenshot Comes Out Blank With DoF Effects Disabled
You are using an outdated ReShade version.

• batsandbabydolls
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #3 by batsandbabydolls Replied by batsandbabydolls on topic Screenshot Comes Out Blank With DoF Effects Disabled
I am. And I have to because I'm playing an old game and the newest version of ReShade isn't compatible with it, so updating isn't an option.

• batsandbabydolls
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #4 by batsandbabydolls Replied by batsandbabydolls on topic Screenshot Comes Out Blank With DoF Effects Disabled
But I never had this issue with this version of ReShade before and it's a really strange issue.

• crosire
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Screenshot Comes Out Blank With DoF Effects Disabled
I'm guessing this is Sims, which has been confirmed working with 5.2.2 (like almost everything, problems usually stem from incorrect installation due to it being slightly less forgiving for compatibility reasons now). Problem here is that there is no point in trying to troubleshoot a problem with a ReShade version as old as you are using, since there have been a massive amount of changes since, so things work very different under the hood now + there is a very good chance this has already been fixed.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by crosire.

• batsandbabydolls
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #6 by batsandbabydolls Replied by batsandbabydolls on topic Screenshot Comes Out Blank With DoF Effects Disabled
I'm sure it works with The Sims 4 just fine, but this is The Sims 2, and the most recent version of ReShade absolutely doesn't work with it. Even the version I'm using now takes more work than usual to get working properly.

• batsandbabydolls
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #7 by batsandbabydolls Replied by batsandbabydolls on topic Screenshot Comes Out Blank With DoF Effects Disabled
And like I said, this is a brand new problem. I've been using this version of ReShade for months now with no issue.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.