Removing pre-installed ReShade 1.1.0f1

• Captain Carrot
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #1 by Captain Carrot Removing pre-installed ReShade 1.1.0f1 was created by Captain Carrot
I downloaded the Floris Evolved mod for Mount&Blade: Warband, which comes with ReShade 1.1.0f1, including the Mediator and two (identical?) presets, and automatically launches with the effects on. I would like to turn them off, but none of the ways I could find online seem to work.
  • The effect toggle key does nothing no matter what I set it to.
  • Disabling effects in the Mediator does nothing and after reopening the tool, they enable again.
  • Deleting presets in the Mediator or in the Personal Files folder seems to have no effect (and sometimes using the tool to delete the last preset is simply impossible, nothing happens upon pressing Delete and Confirm).
  • Updating the presets fails because they point to an exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\etc and my Steam is in C:\. Copying the game folder there makes Floris freeze on loading textures.
  • I don't quite understand what exe to use for Permanent Push to Application (see below), but in any case, pushing an empty configuration to every file I could think of did nothing.
  • Replacing every 1 with 0 in every .cfg file removes some effects, but not all of them, and causes the Mediator to only display one tab.
  • The only ReShade-related dlls are in the ReShade 1.1.0f1 folder in the mod directory (confirmed by searching my entire hard drive for d3d9 and dxgi), which I've tried deleting both piecemeal and in its entirety to no effect.
Something else which is possibly irrelevant, but seemed bizarre to me when I tried to figure out what exe to use. The mod utilises the Warband Script Enhancer, which, if I understand correctly, requires an old version of the game (aptly named mb_warband_old.exe), of which it created two copies - one in the game directory (which starts in trial mode) and another in Modules\Floris_Evolved\Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (which simply fails to start). For WSE to work properly, the mod is supposed to be launched using its own exe in the latter folder, unlike every other M&B mod I've come across (for them you just start the game normally and pick the corresponding module in the launcher; they have no exe files). Strangely, no matter which exe I use (including the default Steam one and WSELoaderServer.exe for dedicated servers), every other module has vanilla graphics, while Floris Evolved has ReShade effects.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Captain Carrot. Reason: fixed moddb link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.