Skyrim crashing with reshade

• Deathmedic
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by Deathmedic Skyrim crashing with reshade was created by Deathmedic
Hi

Been loving reshade with the borderlands games and wanted to use it with skyrim to replace enb on my performance stricken pc.
It seens though that after 30 minutes to an hour Skyrim will crash while reshade is active but won't while it is disabled.
I've been running skyrim without reshade the past couple of days and only had 1 or 2 crashes but the few days before I was getting 5 to 6 and also alot of start up crashes right after the menu loads.

I tried it earlier today to see if it was a shader issue by only running the bloom shader from GemFX and it crashed after 35 minutes.
I haven't gotten round to testing it without any mods or SKSE yet as it might be a compatability issue from them.

I will do some villina skyrim testing with reshade to see if it is them abit later today.

my resahde log
Warning: Spoiler!

Should probably add my spec...

amd phenom II x4 black 3.2ghz
8gb ddr3 ram
amd/ati r7 260x
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Deathmedic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Skyrim crashing with reshade

Deathmedic wrote:

06/07/2015 16:25:15:533 [01892] | INFO  | Redirecting 'IDirect3DDevice9::Reset(46079FC0, 30CCAA60)' ...
06/07/2015 16:25:15:534 [01892] | INFO  | Destroyed effect environment on runtime 462BF828.
06/07/2015 16:25:21:882 [01892] | INFO  | Recreated effect environment on runtime 462BF828.

Did it crash around here?

• Deathmedic
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #3 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic Skyrim crashing with reshade
most likely
I forgot to mention i'm on 19.2 and that i've also had odd instances where reshade has recompiled the shaders.

EDIT:

no mods no skse... 6 minutes in and bam..
granted I 'stress' tested it with quite a few effects that the one before.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Deathmedic.

• Deathmedic
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic Skyrim crashing with reshade
okay so yesterday I unistalled all my mods and deleted my entire Skyrim folder and settings.

I redownloaded skyrim and have tested it for the past hour with nothing but some shadow ini tweaks and it hasn't crashed yet.
hoping when I install the mods it all works out.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Skyrim crashing with reshade
That's good news. If it starts crashing again after mod installation, it is probably a good idea to start looking at all the graphics related mods used first.

• Deathmedic
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic Skyrim crashing with reshade

crosire wrote: That's good news. If it starts crashing again after mod installation, it is probably a good idea to start looking at all the graphics related mods used first.

well it wasn't all roses and boxed chocolates :(

it all started up again an hour later and turned out to be a deeper problem than conflicting programs...
I had to replace a hard drive :/

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.