Reshade Relay Add-On

• wtesler
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #1 by wtesler Reshade Relay Add-On was created by wtesler
I'm starting work on a Reshade 5 add-on which saves the final frame to inter-process shared memory. The concept is that the frame can then be utilized by another program on the device. My specific use case is for the frame to be further processed in Unity3D so that it can be displayed on a holographic display (Looking Glass).

I would love comments and contributions from anyone interested in the concept. Here is the unfinished project:  github.com/wtesler/ReshadeRelay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lordbean
More
2 years 3 months ago #2 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic Reshade Relay Add-On
Nice, I like this idea. Would it be possible to use it as a capture source for streaming programs (most notably OBS studio)?

• wtesler
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #3 by wtesler Replied by wtesler on topic Reshade Relay Add-On
Yes, once the frame is in inter-process memory, any other program on the device can access it. If you specifically want to target OBS, you can use some OBS API at the point where the frame is retrieved instead of saving to inter-process memory. Looking at my project, you will see where the frame is ready.

• microdee
More
2 years 2 months ago #4 by microdee Replied by microdee on topic Reshade Relay Add-On
Instead of using system memory which would impact performance a lot, you can just share the texture via Spout spout.zeal.co/ which has already OBS plugins and many other software supports it. Or go with Unreal Engine Texture Sharing github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/tree/r...rograms/TextureShare which is a standalone library not requiring UE4 itself compatible with more modern graphics API too. Spout is only OpenGL, DX9-11 but UE4 Texture Share supports Vulkan and DX12 too out of the box without the need for interop. The only problem with UE4 Texture Share is that it's not as widely supported as Spout. These libraries when implemented right could achieve zero-copy sharing of images.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.