Recreate swapchain on addon registration

• Faweks1
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #1 by Faweks1 Recreate swapchain on addon registration was created by Faweks1
Hi i have a problem with addon registration.

At on_create_swapchain i'm changing "resource_desc.texture.samples = 1" to disable multisampling.

It works as expected but when addon is injected into game that already has running ReShade the callback is not called at the start (when addon is loaded). Only changing settings that affects swapchain will call it and disable multisampling.

Is there a way to disable multisampling in API after addon was injected? Or i had to recreate swapchain to do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Recreate swapchain on addon registration
This would require recreation of the swapchain (since back buffer resources etc. need to be recreated with the new sample count). Unfortunately recreating the swapchain the game is using cannot easily be done at any time, since the game would need to know to get the new back buffer resources, recreate render targets for them etc.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faweks1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.