AutoHDR addon

• MajorPainTheCactus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #1 by MajorPainTheCactus AutoHDR addon was created by MajorPainTheCactus
Good evening all, I've created a AutoHDR addon that works for D3D11 and D3D12 (and hopefully soon Vulkan). 

This add on allows you to turn any game into HDR by reverse tonemapping and outputting a HDR10 image (rather like Windows 11 and Xbox allows hence the name).

This was mainly implemented to support my ReShade port of my Sony Megatron CRT shader for which more information can be found over on the RetroArch forum here:

forums.libretro.com/t/sony-megatron-colour-video-monitor/36109/

A video of this add on can be found here: 

The addon requires ReShade 5.2 when it is released or you can build the current GitHub ReShade repository and use that (it will not work with ReShade 5.1 and before):

You can find both this add on and its associated AutoHDR.fx here:

github.com/MajorPainTheCactus/AutoHDR-ReShade

and the Sony Megatron ReShade port here:

github.com/MajorPainTheCactus/SonyMegatron-ReShade

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by MajorPainTheCactus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Wicked Sick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tojkar
More
1 year 11 months ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic AutoHDR addon
From your github: "You will also need to place the preset ini files in the root directory of the game (unless anybody knows of a different way to get ReShade to read the presets)."

I don't know HOW to do it but I have a good idea what to do.

You could add there a dropdown list with entry for each of the preset and one for custom settings. Then you could define pre-selected values for for each of the entries.

If you don't know either how to do it, Lordbean's HQAA does just that which can help you make your own: github.com/lordbean-git/HQAA

• MajorPainTheCactus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #3 by MajorPainTheCactus Replied by MajorPainTheCactus on topic AutoHDR addon
That's fantastic - I'll take a look at hqaa then and see what I can do - thanks!

• Riadon
More
1 year 11 months ago #4 by Riadon Replied by Riadon on topic AutoHDR addon
Where exactly is the 5.2 release? I built the repository from github.com/crosire/reshade but the result was 5.1.0, which did not work with your addon.

• Wicked Sick
More
1 year 11 months ago #5 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic AutoHDR addon

Where exactly is the 5.2 release? I built the repository from github.com/crosire/reshade but the result was 5.1.0, which did not work with your addon.

From the YT description:
"They require ReShade 5.2 to work which has not been released yet (as of writing) but you can get the ReShade source and build it yourself if you want an early peek."

• Riadon
More
1 year 11 months ago #6 by Riadon Replied by Riadon on topic AutoHDR addon
Yes, I built it myself and the result was a 5.1 setup file, dll file version 5.1.0.4. If the github I linked isn't correct then I'm not sure where to "build the source".

• Wicked Sick
More
1 year 11 months ago #7 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic AutoHDR addon
Ahh yes, sorry for the confusion.

• MajorPainTheCactus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #8 by MajorPainTheCactus Replied by MajorPainTheCactus on topic AutoHDR addon
Yes that 5.1 version you built from the up to date GitHub repository will contain the changes needed to run this add-on. You just need to copy the resultant reshade32.dll or reshade64.dll into the game of choice root directory (alongside the games .exe) and rename it dxgi.dll.

• MajorPainTheCactus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #9 by MajorPainTheCactus Replied by MajorPainTheCactus on topic AutoHDR addon
Ah just saw Corsire's post telling me my add-on is currently broken with regards to latest as a new change was made. I'll fix it up asap and let you all know.

• MajorPainTheCactus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #10 by MajorPainTheCactus Replied by MajorPainTheCactus on topic AutoHDR addon
Just updated the AutoHDR addon to latest ReShade in GitHub. You'll need to pull/rebase your ReShade github repository to latest and rebuild (if you haven't already) and then just get latest on my AutoHDR Github repository.

github.com/MajorPainTheCactus/AutoHDR-ReShade
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by MajorPainTheCactus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• LuckYSW
More
1 year 10 months ago #11 by LuckYSW Replied by LuckYSW on topic AutoHDR addon
it is not included in reshade 5.2 and can you make a cvideo explaining how to place the hdr car?

• MajorPainTheCactus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #12 by MajorPainTheCactus Replied by MajorPainTheCactus on topic AutoHDR addon
Hi LuckYSW - I'm not sure what you mean by a cvideo and HDR car - I presume you want an explanation video on how to get the AutoHDR add-on to work?

I'm probably not going to be able to do that but let's see where you're getting stuck so I can help here. Have you been able to download the AutoHDR repository zip from GitHub?

It can be found under the 'Code' button on the GitHub repository front page or use this link:
github.com/MajorPainTheCactus/AutoHDR-Re.../refs/heads/main.zip

• ZeroHour
More
1 year 7 months ago #13 by ZeroHour Replied by ZeroHour on topic AutoHDR addon
Any chance you ever made any progress w/ making this work in Vulkan? that'd be freakin' epic. :)

• deadsimon117
More
1 year 7 months ago #14 by deadsimon117 Replied by deadsimon117 on topic AutoHDR addon
I know right, im hoping vulkan support is added, but its looks like it may be awhile
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZeroHour

• ZeroHour
More
1 year 6 months ago #15 by ZeroHour Replied by ZeroHour on topic AutoHDR addon
I get some errors trying to use the add on in some DX11 games, for example, MS Flight Simulator or American Truck Simulator / Euro Truck Simulator 2. The log shows an error related to swap chain creation. Anyone else get that or know of a way to work around it?

• gbaoye
More
1 year 4 months ago #16 by gbaoye Replied by gbaoye on topic AutoHDR addon
Do you think that what some people really want to ask is where AutoHDR32.addon should be placed to be effective?

• NeoCyrus
More
1 year 3 weeks ago - 1 year 3 weeks ago #17 by NeoCyrus Replied by NeoCyrus on topic AutoHDR addon
I'm having an impossible time making this or the MegaTron CRT shaders work properly.

I put the .fx file in the shader directory where it's detected, same with the MegaTron shader. Both their colours are completely messed up which I assume is because it needs the add-on as a whole, so I select a directory with the AutoHDR32/64.addon files and... it completely disables ReShade shaders and access to its menu despite it looking like it's working/doing something (what I'm testing it on has the colours blown out by default, it tries to use HDR when it's not an HDR game for whatever reason) because its colours look right.

Side note: Previously I was using DXVK to wrap that game (CrossCode) from DX11 to Vulkan to correct the HDR bug it had, leaving it wrapped causes the game just to hang on the start screen, either way I get no results.

I'm using the add-on version of ReShade 5.7. What am I doing wrong here?

One more note: I tried the MegaTron shader in SNES9X (latest version) and in that it won't compile.
Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by NeoCyrus.

• Aztec2012
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #18 by Aztec2012 Replied by Aztec2012 on topic AutoHDR addon
Not works on 6 version.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.