Use SweetFX' film grain

• eightcore
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by eightcore Use SweetFX' film grain was created by eightcore
Hi!

I installed ReShade Framework with MasterConfig today for Dirt Rally and would like to ask if I can enable the film grain effect from SweetFX somehow. I noticed that there are SweetFX files in the "ReShade" subfolder, but when I activate it (#define USE_FILMGRAIN 1) in the SweetFX.cfg, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Use SweetFX' film grain
It should work but the default values make it very subtitle. I would recommend you to use the mediator for configuration cause it prevents mistakes done in the .cfg files.

Check if SweetFX Film Grain is activated in the Pipeline tab

Switch to the SweetFX tab and find the Film Grain sub entry.

Tweak it a bit to make it more visible. (dont forget to press apply to confirm changes)
The following user(s) said Thank You: eightcore

• eightcore
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by eightcore Replied by eightcore on topic Use SweetFX' film grain
Hey, thanks for your answer. No, it was not the lack of intensity, the effect was not visible at all.

However, i got rid of MasterConfig and now I just use the Reshade Framework. Film Grain works this way!

• Alo81
More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by Alo81 Replied by Alo81 on topic Use SweetFX' film grain
I really recommend you try out the Film Grain option in the CustomFx file. I ported it over and to me it is just a straight up upgrade over the original SweetFx one. It looks really close to actual real world film grain, and has a nice sharpness to it.
Give it a shot!

• eightcore
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by eightcore Replied by eightcore on topic Use SweetFX' film grain
Thanks for your advice, but in my use case, i prefer the SweetFX grain over the CustomFX one because it's less noticeable due to smaller variance. The latter grain is more beatiful, but I just want some false detail (DiRT Rally).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.