Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Use SweetFX' film grain

Use SweetFX' film grain 1 year 3 months ago #1

Hi!

I installed ReShade Framework with MasterConfig today for Dirt Rally and would like to ask if I can enable the film grain effect from SweetFX somehow. I noticed that there are SweetFX files in the "ReShade" subfolder, but when I activate it (#define USE_FILMGRAIN 1) in the SweetFX.cfg, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Use SweetFX' film grain 1 year 3 months ago #2

• Ganossa
  • 최정장군
  • Thank you received: 838
It should work but the default values make it very subtitle. I would recommend you to use the mediator for configuration cause it prevents mistakes done in the .cfg files.

Check if SweetFX Film Grain is activated in the Pipeline tab

Switch to the SweetFX tab and find the Film Grain sub entry.

Tweak it a bit to make it more visible. (dont forget to press apply to confirm changes)
The following user(s) said Thank You: eightcore

Use SweetFX' film grain 1 year 3 months ago #3

Hey, thanks for your answer. No, it was not the lack of intensity, the effect was not visible at all.

However, i got rid of MasterConfig and now I just use the Reshade Framework. Film Grain works this way!

Use SweetFX' film grain 1 year 3 months ago #4

• Alo81
  • Thank you received: 6
I really recommend you try out the Film Grain option in the CustomFx file. I ported it over and to me it is just a straight up upgrade over the original SweetFx one. It looks really close to actual real world film grain, and has a nice sharpness to it.
Give it a shot!

Use SweetFX' film grain 1 year 3 months ago #5

Thanks for your advice, but in my use case, i prefer the SweetFX grain over the CustomFX one because it's less noticeable due to smaller variance. The latter grain is more beatiful, but I just want some false detail (DiRT Rally).