ReShade Presets

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #1 by robgrab ReShade Presets was created by robgrab
Now that ReShade has been out for a few weeks, and people are having a lot of success tweaking their games, I'd love to see a thread dedicated to game presets similar to what was done for SweetFX . I'm not ready to post anything just yet because most of my time has been spent testing game compatibility.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Presets
I thought about opening a screenshot topic first, but then I noticed all the great shots over at Neogaf and didn't see a reason to create yet another one. But a thread for presets is a nice idea =)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by crosire.

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #3 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic ReShade Presets
I've been posting all my screens on Neogaf. Might as well let them take the bandwidth hit.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by robgrab.

• perseusveil
More
9 years 3 months ago #4 by perseusveil Replied by perseusveil on topic ReShade Presets
So should we post the presets here? Or wait for another thread?

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #5 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic ReShade Presets
Let crosire decide.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Presets
Wherever you see them fit. Now there is a topic already, so just go ahead =)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by crosire.

• perseusveil
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #7 by perseusveil Replied by perseusveil on topic ReShade Presets
I didn't really know how to post it, so I put it in a pastebin (hope that's okay). Replace the code in your reshade.fx file with the code here :
Here's a screenshot:
GAUSSIAN_ANAMFLARE
BLOOM
SSAO
SHARPENING
VIBRANCE
pastebin.com/57Waew9q
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by perseusveil. Reason: Link didn't attach

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #8 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic ReShade Presets
Saint's Row IV

Been playing this as part of Steam's Free Weekend and while I've been enjoying the gameplay the graphics are ugly. I created this Preset to tweak it to my liking.
First change your in-game settings to

• Anti Aliasing - OFF
    Filter Mode - Anisotropic - 16X
    Scene Detail - High
    Lighting Detail - Ultra
    Shadow Detail - High
    Reflections - High
    Post Processing Detail - OFF
    Ambient Occlusion - High

• Here's a COMPARISON.
    Here's the PRESET .
    Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by robgrab.

• cloud6625
    More
    9 years 3 months ago #9 by cloud6625 Replied by cloud6625 on topic ReShade Presets
    I've been fiddling around with the Reshade effects on lots of different games for a few days now and here is one of the better outcomes of the experimentation. I'm not sure what you're looking for in the compatibility side of things, but I can confirm that with d3d9.dll the effects work for Sonic Generations. This is an edited config of MasterEffect

Here are some screenshots:

and here is a download link because I'm not sure how pastebin works and I didn't want to mess it up:
    Download

The config adds Bloom,Depth of Field, SSAO, Curves, FXAA, and Sharpening. Bear in mind that I lowered the intensity of the bloom ever so slightly since I took the screenshots because I felt it was too bright. There are also some issues with SSAO going through loading screens (you'll see what I mean) and the Depth of Field blurs the hud at times as seen in the screenshots.

I may post this on thelazy.net at some point as I've read other Reshade shaders have been posted there.

• strelokgunslinger
    More
    9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #10 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic ReShade Presets
    According to Crosire, it's probably best to put presets onto the same site that hosts SweetFX presets, whilst putting any extra links or info into the description

@perseusveil
    @robgrab
    @cloud6625
    Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by strelokgunslinger.

• robgrab
    • Topic Author
    More
    9 years 2 months ago #11 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic ReShade Presets
    I agree but I didn't see any area for ReShade specific settings on there.

• Omnipotus
    More
    9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #12 by Omnipotus Replied by Omnipotus on topic ReShade Presets
    Great idea and perhaps Crosire or myself will add this section someday soon (Once I'm familiar with the sites tools and get the ok from Crosire), in the meantime however, feel free to add your presets on SweetFX Junkies just make a post and link your preset with some screenies :lol:

Terrasque (TheLazy) is currently in sleepy land, I left him a message to add "ReShade Beta" to the "Preset" drop down list on SFX.TheLazy so check back tomorrow and you should be able to add your new ReShade presets to show the world, I'll be sharing mine soon enough as well :cheer:

EDIT - I've spoken with Terrasque earlier today and we've come to a decision for now, I've explained further Here feel free to post anything you wish to add on either SFXJ or TheLazy forums for now, it isn't ideal but it's better then nothing, at least while ReShade is in Beta.
    Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Omnipotus.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Rigbaby

• CeeJay.dk
    More
    9 years 2 months ago #13 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic ReShade Presets
    I don't think presets are needed for ReShade because currently the only thing you can set for ReShade is the toggle button and statistics on/off.
    ReShade is still just an injector - a platform for shader code to run on.

Presets for shaders suites makes sense though and SweetFX presets already exist and work and SweetFX 2.x will too, and I guess MasterEffects has presets too, although I don't get why the settings are mixed in with the code like that - IMO it makes much more sense to separate the two.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• crosire
    More
    9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #14 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Presets

CeeJay.dk wrote: I don't think presets are needed for ReShade [...] ReShade is still just an injector - a platform for shader code to run on.

This.
    Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.

• Omnipotus
    More
    9 years 2 months ago #15 by Omnipotus Replied by Omnipotus on topic ReShade Presets
    ReShade is still just a Beta, my intentions with sharing a handful of presets from time to time is for testing purposes as to varify if how I see/feel the game is the same as others, crashing, glitches etc.etc. also to just get myself out there again, start my engines up, familiarize myself with this world again, it's been a long time and a couple folks want me "back" so I feel this is a simple way of getting some "testing" done as well as appeasing a few folks at the same time.

Anything I make/share will be purely "Work-in-Progress" for messing around purposes, testing shaders etc.

Sharing "ReShade" presents and spreading them around to all your friends isn't necessary. just grab any availble and try it out, in time ReShade will be stable enough to release "Official" Presets for everyone to share and enjoy :D

I'm sorry for any confusion, I don't see the harm in a few sharible settings between a handful of folks.

• robgrab
    • Topic Author
    More
    9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #16 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic ReShade Presets
    I feel partially responsible for the confusion. When I first started this thread I specifically meant MasterEffects Reborn presets. I got confused because the file is called ReShade.fx, which is actually MasterEffects Reborn. Because SweetFX already has a web site for where people can share their presets I was just hoping to have something similar for MasterEffects Reborn presets. If a new section is started on the SweetFX Preset web site then there's no real reason to have it on here.
    Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by robgrab.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: perseusveil

We use cookies
    We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.