How does ReShade handle driver settings?

• Arkana
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by Arkana How does ReShade handle driver settings? was created by Arkana
Hello everyone,

I'm kind of new to this whole shader thing; I've always been content with tweaking the settings of my NVIDIA driver to the max and never knew that something like ReShade even exists. Now that I do, I want to get started ASAP but the first question already pops up: how does ReShade handle my driver settings? Does it overwrite or reset them entirely? Just what does it do with them? :D

I appreciate any help I can get with that, as it's pretty much the only thing that's holding me back right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic How does ReShade handle driver settings?
It doesn't do anything with them. They continue to exist, although there can be conflicts sometimes (driver antialiasing often messes up rendering with ReShade).

It pretty much works like this:
Game output -> ReShade (this is where ReShade applies) -> Microsoft DirectX runtime or WGL (for OpenGL) -> Driver (this is where your driver settings are applied) -> GPU -> Monitor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arkana

• Arkana
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #3 by Arkana Replied by Arkana on topic How does ReShade handle driver settings?

crosire wrote: It doesn't do anything with them. They continue to exist, although there can be conflicts sometimes (driver antialiasing often messes up rendering with ReShade).

It pretty much works like this:
Game output -> ReShade (this is where ReShade applies) -> Microsoft DirectX runtime or WGL (for OpenGL) -> Driver (this is where your driver settings are applied) -> GPU -> Monitor

Thanks for the fast reply, crosire! It seems I'll have to start anew, then. I wonder in which order I should proceed, though. Should I begin with changing the Reshade settings and change driver settings afterwards? Or vice versa? What do you guys suggest? :D
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Arkana.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic How does ReShade handle driver settings?
You would usually skip the driver settings applying to the visual result completly. Same results can be achieved with ReShade through the available color correction shaders and then you have everything in one place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arkana

• Arkana
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by Arkana Replied by Arkana on topic How does ReShade handle driver settings?
Alright, I'll set the driver profile for the respective games to default, then. Thanks for the quick help, I appreciate it!

• logout20
More
8 years 7 months ago #6 by logout20 Replied by logout20 on topic How does ReShade handle driver settings?
turn off whatever option exist in reshade in your driver control panel, aliasing etc than proceed with reshade..

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.