Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How does ReShade handle driver settings?

How does ReShade handle driver settings? 1 year 3 months ago #1

Hello everyone,

I'm kind of new to this whole shader thing; I've always been content with tweaking the settings of my NVIDIA driver to the max and never knew that something like ReShade even exists. Now that I do, I want to get started ASAP but the first question already pops up: how does ReShade handle my driver settings? Does it overwrite or reset them entirely? Just what does it do with them? :D

I appreciate any help I can get with that, as it's pretty much the only thing that's holding me back right now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How does ReShade handle driver settings? 1 year 3 months ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1391
It doesn't do anything with them. They continue to exist, although there can be conflicts sometimes (driver antialiasing often messes up rendering with ReShade).

It pretty much works like this:
Game output -> ReShade (this is where ReShade applies) -> Microsoft DirectX runtime or WGL (for OpenGL) -> Driver (this is where your driver settings are applied) -> GPU -> Monitor
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arkana

How does ReShade handle driver settings? 1 year 3 months ago #3

crosire wrote:
It doesn't do anything with them. They continue to exist, although there can be conflicts sometimes (driver antialiasing often messes up rendering with ReShade).

It pretty much works like this:
Game output -> ReShade (this is where ReShade applies) -> Microsoft DirectX runtime or WGL (for OpenGL) -> Driver (this is where your driver settings are applied) -> GPU -> Monitor
Thanks for the fast reply, crosire! It seems I'll have to start anew, then. I wonder in which order I should proceed, though. Should I begin with changing the Reshade settings and change driver settings afterwards? Or vice versa? What do you guys suggest? :D
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Arkana.

How does ReShade handle driver settings? 1 year 3 months ago #4

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1391
You would usually skip the driver settings applying to the visual result completly. Same results can be achieved with ReShade through the available color correction shaders and then you have everything in one place.
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arkana

How does ReShade handle driver settings? 1 year 3 months ago #5

Alright, I'll set the driver profile for the respective games to default, then. Thanks for the quick help, I appreciate it!

How does ReShade handle driver settings? 1 year 3 months ago #6

turn off whatever option exist in reshade in your driver control panel, aliasing etc than proceed with reshade..