Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Using additional .dll files

Using additional .dll files 1 year 2 months ago #1

Does ReShade allow the use of additional dxgi.dll/d3d9.dll files?

The issue is that I want to play a very old game. I use a widescreen fix as it didn't support it natively. This fix includes a d3d9.dll. Now the problem is that ReShade uses a d3d9.dll as well. I couldn't find any options that would allow a third party library in the ReShade framework.

Is there a workaround?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using additional .dll files 1 year 2 months ago #2

• fuze
  • Thank you received: 11
Yeah I think, atleast this worked for me when I was playing Vice City with both ENB and ReShade.

So what you should do is:

1. Leave the fix d3d9.dll in the game folder.
2. Download ENB Injector from HERE.
3. Now when ENB Injector is downloaded, drop all the ReShade files in the ENB Injector folder. (Should something look like THIS)
4. Open enbinjector.ini and under LibraryName it should say LibraryName=ReShade32.dll (Note that the ReShade's d3d9.dll must be renamed to ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll, depending by the game of course)
5. Under ProcessName0 add your games name, for me it was something like ProcessName0=gtavc.exe
6. Now when everything is finally configured, start up the ENBInjector.exe and after that launch your game.

If you did everything right, game should be working with both widescreen fix and ReShade together.

Hope it works :)
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by fuze.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radion

Using additional .dll files 1 year 2 months ago #3

ReShade is being loaded upon game start now. Hower it freezes the game unfortunatly. I tried to turn on/off a bunch of options but it just keeps freezing.

Thank you very much though, your workaround was successful in the sense that ReShade was loaded!

Using additional .dll files 1 year 1 month ago #4

• GERgta
  • Bored
  • Thank you received: 24
There is another solution which is quite ghetto, but I have used it several times:
1. Go to http://thirteenag.github.io/widescreen_fixes_pack and download yourself any Need for Speed Widescreen-Fix (no matter the game, unless your game is listed there).
2. Only put the dinput.dll from the downloaded patch into your game-path (It acts as an .asi loader).
3. Create a folder named "scripts" in your game-folder.
4. Put the reshade DLL and all it's files into "scripts"
5. Change the extension of Reshade's DLL to .asi
6. Profit. No ENB needed.

You can now add any kind of DLL in the scripts folder. If you change it's extension to .asi, it should load.

Not quite sure if it works for every game, but it did the job for me on Bully. I also used it for GTA V before an ASI loader existed, to use the first person FOV mod with some other mod I forgot. If you want to add other DLL mods, you might have to play around with the placement of that mod's files.

I discovered this by pure accident, btw.
Greets, GER.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by GERgta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

Using additional .dll files 4 months 2 days ago #5

Radion wrote:
Does ReShade allow the use of additional dxgi.dll/d3d9.dll files?

The issue is that I want to play a very old game. I use a widescreen fix as it didn't support it natively. This fix includes a d3d9.dll. Now the problem is that ReShade uses a d3d9.dll as well. I couldn't find any options that would allow a third party library in the ReShade framework.

Is there a workaround?

The ENb Injector has never worked for 64 bit games, in fact im having trouble finding any type of injector that injects a 64 bit dll.. (Reshade 64.dll in particular)
Last Edit: 4 months 2 days ago by Aelius Maximus.

Using additional .dll files 3 months 2 weeks ago #6

GERgta wrote:
There is another solution which is quite ghetto, but I have used it several times:
1. Go to http://thirteenag.github.io/widescreen_fixes_pack and download yourself any Need for Speed Widescreen-Fix (no matter the game, unless your game is listed there).
2. Only put the dinput.dll from the downloaded patch into your game-path (It acts as an .asi loader).
3. Create a folder named "scripts" in your game-folder.
4. Put the reshade DLL and all it's files into "scripts"
5. Change the extension of Reshade's DLL to .asi
6. Profit. No ENB needed.

You can now add any kind of DLL in the scripts folder. If you change it's extension to .asi, it should load.

Not quite sure if it works for every game, but it did the job for me on Bully. I also used it for GTA V before an ASI loader existed, to use the first person FOV mod with some other mod I forgot. If you want to add other DLL mods, you might have to play around with the placement of that mod's files.

I discovered this by pure accident, btw.

This doesn't work.....

Using additional .dll files 3 months 2 weeks ago #7

• Wicked Sick
  • Die young or suffer (Forgive my poor English)
  • Thank you received: 105
Did any of you one ever tried to use ReShade along with GeDoSaTo?
Finding relief somewhere between a tree's branch and its shade.

Using additional .dll files 3 months 1 week ago #8

Hi try change the name of the reshade 64.dll to d3d9.dll