Using additional .dll files

• Radion
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by Radion Using additional .dll files was created by Radion
Does ReShade allow the use of additional dxgi.dll/d3d9.dll files?

The issue is that I want to play a very old game. I use a widescreen fix as it didn't support it natively. This fix includes a d3d9.dll. Now the problem is that ReShade uses a d3d9.dll as well. I couldn't find any options that would allow a third party library in the ReShade framework.

Is there a workaround?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fuze
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #2 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic Using additional .dll files
Yeah I think, atleast this worked for me when I was playing Vice City with both ENB and ReShade.

So what you should do is:

1. Leave the fix d3d9.dll in the game folder.
2. Download ENB Injector from HERE.
3. Now when ENB Injector is downloaded, drop all the ReShade files in the ENB Injector folder. (Should something look like THIS )
4. Open enbinjector.ini and under LibraryName it should say LibraryName=ReShade32.dll (Note that the ReShade's d3d9.dll must be renamed to ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll, depending by the game of course)
5. Under ProcessName0 add your games name, for me it was something like ProcessName0=gtavc.exe
6. Now when everything is finally configured, start up the ENBInjector.exe and after that launch your game.

If you did everything right, game should be working with both widescreen fix and ReShade together.

Hope it works :)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by fuze.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radion

• Radion
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by Radion Replied by Radion on topic Using additional .dll files
ReShade is being loaded upon game start now. Hower it freezes the game unfortunatly. I tried to turn on/off a bunch of options but it just keeps freezing.

Thank you very much though, your workaround was successful in the sense that ReShade was loaded!

• GERgta
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #4 by GERgta Replied by GERgta on topic Using additional .dll files
There is another solution which is quite ghetto, but I have used it several times:
1. Go to thirteenag.github.io/widescreen_fixes_pack and download yourself any Need for Speed Widescreen-Fix (no matter the game, unless your game is listed there).
2. Only put the dinput.dll from the downloaded patch into your game-path (It acts as an .asi loader).
3. Create a folder named "scripts" in your game-folder.
4. Put the reshade DLL and all it's files into "scripts"
5. Change the extension of Reshade's DLL to .asi
6. Profit. No ENB needed.

You can now add any kind of DLL in the scripts folder. If you change it's extension to .asi, it should load.

Not quite sure if it works for every game, but it did the job for me on Bully. I also used it for GTA V before an ASI loader existed, to use the first person FOV mod with some other mod I forgot. If you want to add other DLL mods, you might have to play around with the placement of that mod's files.

I discovered this by pure accident, btw.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by GERgta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, SteXmaN

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #5 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Using additional .dll files

Radion wrote: Does ReShade allow the use of additional dxgi.dll/d3d9.dll files?

The issue is that I want to play a very old game. I use a widescreen fix as it didn't support it natively. This fix includes a d3d9.dll. Now the problem is that ReShade uses a d3d9.dll as well. I couldn't find any options that would allow a third party library in the ReShade framework.

Is there a workaround?

The ENb Injector has never worked for 64 bit games, in fact im having trouble finding any type of injector that injects a 64 bit dll.. (Reshade 64.dll in particular)
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Using additional .dll files

GERgta wrote: There is another solution which is quite ghetto, but I have used it several times:
1. Go to thirteenag.github.io/widescreen_fixes_pack and download yourself any Need for Speed Widescreen-Fix (no matter the game, unless your game is listed there).
2. Only put the dinput.dll from the downloaded patch into your game-path (It acts as an .asi loader).

You can now add any kind of DLL in the scripts folder. If you change it's extension to .asi, it should load.

Not quite sure if it works for every game, but it did the job for me on Bully. I also used it for GTA V before an ASI loader existed, to use the first person FOV mod with some other mod I forgot. If you want to add other DLL mods, you might have to play around with the placement of that mod's files.

This doesn't work.....

• Wicked Sick
More
7 years 7 months ago #7 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Using additional .dll files
Did any of you one ever tried to use ReShade along with GeDoSaTo?

• nieda113
More
7 years 7 months ago #8 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic Using additional .dll files
Hi try change the name of the reshade 64.dll to d3d9.dll

• dropadred
More
6 years 7 months ago #9 by dropadred Replied by dropadred on topic Using additional .dll files
I am setting up the NFS:MW with ReShade and I have just encountered this very issue - I have d3d9 wrapper (by modder), which serves entirely for the purposes of bordeerless windowed mode, however I have, as well, ReShade (3.0.7), both use d3d9.dll file and even d3d9.ini.

I have tried both guides, ENB injector one (downloaded from link, unpacked to game folder, renamed reshade binary d3d9.dll to ReShade32.dll together with .ini file, then specified in the enbinjector.ini the ReShade32.dll, specified the process (speed.exe) in the target processes section), which did not work and even the second one to rename one d3d9.dll to d3d9.asi and moving it to scripts folder (I use dinput8.dll from widescreen fix mod), unfortunately it did not work either.

Any help?

• AcidAesthetic
More
6 years 3 months ago #10 by AcidAesthetic Replied by AcidAesthetic on topic Using additional .dll files
having this issue with max payne 2. widescreen fix uses d3d9.dll as well... its one or the other and i'd like to have both. everyone/thing looks fat and wide without it

• AcidAesthetic
More
6 years 3 months ago #11 by AcidAesthetic Replied by AcidAesthetic on topic Using additional .dll files
literally just found a solution that worked :ohmy:

named widescreen's dll from "d3d9.dll" to "dinput.dll"...
now they both work B)

• AcidAesthetic
More
6 years 3 months ago #12 by AcidAesthetic Replied by AcidAesthetic on topic Using additional .dll files
found something even better!!... a list of what you can name it instead...
for maybe multiple dll setups??

github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader/blob/master/readme.md

"This is a DLL file which adds ASI plugin loading functionality to any game, which uses any of the following libraries:

d3d8.dll
d3d9.dll
d3d11.dll
ddraw.dll
dinput.dll
dinput8.dll (x86 and x64)
dsound.dll (x86 and x64)
msacm32.dll
msvfw32.dll
vorbisFile.dll
winmmbase.dll
xlive.dll
"

• Insomnia
More
6 years 3 months ago #13 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Using additional .dll files
For more modern, Dx10 games or higher, you can change the name of the ReShade binary to either dxgi.dll, d3d10.dll or d3d11.dll and ReShade would load, regardless of additional injectors.
But DirectX 9 or older I don't know. :(

• brazzjazz
More
5 years 8 months ago #14 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Using additional .dll files

Aelius Maximus wrote:

GERgta wrote: There is another solution which is quite ghetto, but I have used it several times:

This doesn't work.....

It finally worked in my case! First I was using the 64-bit version of the DLL, while the game is 32-bit (Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time). Here's what I did:

1. I put the dinput8.dll (32-bit version) into the game directory
2. I renamed d3d9.dll from ReShade to reshade.asi
3. I renamed d3d9.ini from ReShade to reshade.ini

According to the readme, the DLL / ASI file to be loaded may be in the game directory, or alternatively in a "scripts" or "plugins" folder. You can then also apparently tell the ASI loader through a global.ini (to be placed alongside the custom DLL / ASI) about further customizations.

Done! :-)

• Lonewulv13
More
2 years 5 months ago #15 by Lonewulv13 Replied by Lonewulv13 on topic Using additional .dll files
I'm about to lose my goddamn mind.

This should be so basic it's ridiculous. No combination of any of the suggestions works.

Renaming the .dll does not work. ENBinjector does not work.

WTF do I do??????
The following user(s) said Thank You: kgr

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.