ReShade and SweetFX 2.0 - folder location

• VAMET
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by VAMET ReShade and SweetFX 2.0 - folder location was created by VAMET
Dear Friends

First of all, I would like to say hello to everybody and thank you very much for your great ReShade and SweetFX.

I would like to ask, is it possible to place all extracted files from ReShade 1.0.0 with SweetFX 2.0.7z to for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\ReShade\ and copy only file ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll to the game directory and change to the proper DirectX or OpenGL name? There was RadeonPro software, where I only set path to the SweetFX without need to copy all SweetFX folders and files to the game directory. So the only changes will be in C:\Program Files (x86)\ReShade\SweetFX\SweetFX_settings.txt and like I said before copy and change name of ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll?

If it is possible, I would be glad for your help and support.

EDIT

How to change Time Zone and Avatar Picture in this forum?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by VAMET.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade and SweetFX 2.0 - folder location
There are multiple ways:

Put all ReShade files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ReShade", copy the ReShade DLL into your game folder, rename it accordingly and then create a ReShade.fx symlink there to the actual ReShade.fx in the separate program files folder. ReShade detects symlinks and loads all shaders from the target path then.
To create a symlink, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) as administrator and type in the following:
mklink "C:\Program Files (x86)\ReShade\ReShade.fx" "[Full path to your game folder]\ReShade.fx"

Alternativly use the full ReShade framework (from the home page), which contains SweetFX, but additionally a configuration tool which can handle multiple presets and manages everything centralized (with the trick above, just automated).
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire.

• VAMET
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #3 by VAMET Replied by VAMET on topic ReShade and SweetFX 2.0 - folder location
Dear crosire

Thank you very much for your reply and explanation.
What are the differences between SweetFX 2.0 in ReShade and SweetFX 1.5.1?

Sincerely

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade and SweetFX 2.0 - folder location

VAMET wrote: What are the differences between SweetFX 2.0 in ReShade and SweetFX 1.5.1?

SweetFX is a collection of post-processing shaders, but those alone are not very helpful. You need software which takes that shader code, compiles it to machine code and finally modifies the targeted game to execute that code and change the visuals. All this is the job of the so called injector.

SweetFX 1.5.1 was running on the outdated InjectSMAA injector, which was never intended to be used in the ways SweetFX used it (its goal was SMAA only). And since it is no longer continued, InjectSMAA doesn't work properly with WIndosw 8 and higher anymore.
SweetFX 2.0 is running on the ReShade injector, which this site is the home of. In contrast to InjectSMAA, ReShade was specificly written for shader developers to have complete freedom in what they want to do: It has its own cross-platform and cross-Render-API shader language called ReShade FX. ReShade also has a much wider game support range (including Windows 8+, Direct3D8 and OpenGL titles, which InjectSMAA did not support) plus generic depth access which is needed for depth dependent effects like DOF or SSAO.

As for the different in SweetFX effects, CeeJay added some new effects to SweetFX 2.0 (like the ASCII shader) and improved the performance of existing ones.

--

On your website questions I skipped earlier:
To change the avatar you need to set the desired picture on Gravatar: gravatar.com .
The timezone cannot currently be changed, though I definitly should add the option.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire.

• VAMET
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #5 by VAMET Replied by VAMET on topic ReShade and SweetFX 2.0 - folder location
Dear crosire

Thank you once more for your explanation. I have the latest ReShade Framework 1.1.0 and I would like to ask, what values for SMAA from SweetFX are for the best quality (something like Ultra Preset)? Default values are corresponding to what quality preset?

EDIT

What are the difference, when I use VK_SCROLL to toggle on/off the ReShade Framework and when I set VK_F6 for SMAA to toggle on/off?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.