Description for all effects in Reshade 1.1?

• Irkie500
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by Irkie500 Description for all effects in Reshade 1.1? was created by Irkie500
Hey Everyone,

Is there a master list that briefly describes all effects included with ReShade 1.1? I mainly use the effects from SweetFX and GemFX as that is what I am familiar with, but the new release has over 50 or so different shaders and effects. Some of the abbreviations I understand but many are foreign to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Also if this is already a thing please feel free to call me a moron ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Description for all effects in Reshade 1.1?
I like this.

• Irkie500
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by Irkie500 Replied by Irkie500 on topic Description for all effects in Reshade 1.1?
I noticed that some have descriptions when you mouse over but they are often lacking in detail, especially on the sliders. It would be nice if we could get a community effort together to get a lot of these flushed out, and with more descriptive text. ReShade is an amazing program but I feel its complexity is also its biggest downfall and tends to turn off a lot of people who are overwhelmed at all of the options.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Description for all effects in Reshade 1.1?
I agree. This really needs improvement!

• Irkie500
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #5 by Irkie500 Replied by Irkie500 on topic Description for all effects in Reshade 1.1?
I can work on getting a framework setup and start a thread to get some descriptions written. I would block it out based on Custom FX, GemFX, SweetFX, etc. Is that something we could sticky at the top once its prepared?

I assume once we have it here on a web page they could be easily copied in to the Mediator?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Irkie500.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Description for all effects in Reshade 1.1?
We might as well use the Wiki at the new GitHub repository: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/wiki .

• acknowledge
More
8 years 4 months ago #7 by acknowledge Replied by acknowledge on topic Description for all effects in Reshade 1.1?
It is also welcome to add default values of each option at the end of description.
Sometimes we may over-tweak effects, and need to bring it back to default.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.