Confusion

• nieda113
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #1 by nieda113 Confusion was created by nieda113
Hi, iam using sweetfx, reshade on all my games. But i still confused on what version to use.
Example. The witcher3.
In the .exe folder i installed Reshade Framework 1.1.0 in a folder called Reshade and Reshade with sweefx2.0 in a folder Rehade/sweetfx
In order to get reshade applied to the game i have to copy Reshade.fx and sweet.fx to the games .exe folder.

As well :
I installed Reshade frame work 1.1.0. Here only a reshade.fx and a sweet.fx is present.

So if i install a preset it is in a " sweetfx_setting.txt".
So where to put this sweetfx_setting.txt? since Reshade Framework dosent have a file sweetfx_setting.txt.

Do i have to install Reshade /sweetfx2.0 though?. This version contains a sweetfx_setting.txt.

Further do i have to copy the reshade.fx and the sweetfx.fx file to the games .exe folder?

Last question relates to some mods that contain a ReShade64.dll will that ReShade.dll be the same as the original from Reshade.me ?

Is there a descrition how the folder structure supposed to be?
I would appre ciate help

THX
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by nieda113.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Confusion
  • ReShade is the injector alone without any shaders. It consists of ReShade32.dll and ReShade64.dll
  • ReShade Framework is a big collection of shaders to be used with ReShade
  • SweetFX is another collection of shaders to be used with ReShade
Which one of the two shader collections you want to use is up to you (you cannot use both at the same time though). SweetFX is smaller, but very optimized and there are more presets available, since it has been around for quite some time. The ReShade Framework has a lot more effects to play with, but may seem a little more complicated at first. It also contains most of the SweetFX shaders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nieda113

• nieda113
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic Confusion
Hello many thanks for that ,
what about the sweetfx_settings.txt that comes with some presets. Reshade frame work installation doesnt have that. It has a reshade.fx
Do i need to install Reshade with/sweetfx2.0 though and forget about the reshade framework version. in order to get a sweetfx_settings.txt preset to work?
and my presets need to bee in the games rootfolder otherwise they dont kick in..
sorry for bugging u again
THX

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Confusion
SweetFX_settings.txt is a preset for SweetFX, so you will need the SweetFX shaders for it to work.

• nieda113
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic Confusion
Hi, that means:
i need two installation im my games root folder.
Folder one :Reshade framework
Folder two:Reshade/Sweetfx
So i have to disable the reshade framework folder if using a sweetf_settings .txt preset.?
or can i have the Reshade/ sweetfx managing the presets because it has a sweetfx folder. Meaning it can handle sweetfx_settings.txt and reshade.fx presets?
Do modder that provide presets change the ReShade64.dll or does this .dll always be the original from the Rehade folder.

THX...... im getting close to understand all

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Confusion
As I said before, you can only install ONE of the two available shader packages. EITHER ReShade + SweetFX OR ReShade Framework.
So if you want to use a SweetFX preset, download ReShade + SweetFX (= ReShade injector + SweetFX shaders), copy the ReShade DLL into the game directory and rename it accordingly (d3d9.dll/dxgi.dll/opengl32.dll), copy ReShade.fx, Sweet.fx and the SweetFX folder into the game directory and finally replace SweetFX/SweetFX_settings.txt with the preset you want to use.

• nieda113
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #7 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic Confusion
Hello, thanks again ..

so the last question is

are both ReShade64. dll (the Framework one and the Reshade/Sweetfx one) are identical ?

THX

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Confusion
Yes.

• nieda113
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #9 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic Confusion
Hi, almost done..

here is the last bugging... :cheer:
If a modder makes a preset for download,, sometimes there is a Reshade.dll or a dxgi.dll included in the presetdownload.
Is this reshade.dll or the dxgi.dll modified by the mod author or is this always your reshade.dll?

i am really appreciate your support

THX

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Confusion
It's always mine, so it's best to keep using the one you downloaded here, as that's most likely the most recent version.

• nieda113
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #11 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic Confusion
Thank you very much for your extended support .........

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.