Wireframe Shader via shadeFx

• simonschreibt
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by simonschreibt Wireframe Shader via shadeFx was created by simonschreibt
Hi friends!

I've searched Google, this Forum and the Mediator for a function to show a wireframe of a game but couldn't find anything. :( So I wanted to ask if you guys see a possibility to create such a shader which basically applies a white material to everything and "paints" a black wireframe of the geometries on top.

Thanks for reading!
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Wireframe Shader via shadeFx
Impossible. ReShade applies post-processing shaders. It does not modify the game's shading.

• simonschreibt
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by simonschreibt Replied by simonschreibt on topic Wireframe Shader via shadeFx
Oh that's sad. But thanks for the answer! :)

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Wireframe Shader via shadeFx
I can simulate something wireframe-ish by sobel on normal maps but it has no backfaces. Will look similiar to the buildings in the movie "Escape from New York", here:

http://cdn.artofthetitle.com/assets/sm/upload/hs/ff/pi/ed/h2_efny_glider_nose_views.jpg?k=2f8ed39898
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.