v3 shader development

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 10 months ago #21 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic v3 shader development
Why don't we unify the far plane setting? If someone needs a different setting he might as well use his own linearize depth function and that renders the idea of having one in a shared file useless. Linearized depth is linearized depth.. in the past I used 2 different ones because I didn't realize the output of the one equals the other * 100.0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 10 months ago #22 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic v3 shader development
That can be done, yeah. I guess the same applies to the "logarithmic" and "reverse" parameters as well.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #23 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic v3 shader development
Yep. Also, I ported MXAO to 3.0 format:

www.mediafire.com/download/i2chmcze6xgftfr/MXAO12b.zip

Forgot the label thing though. Seems like fps are roughly same in performance mode like when using old #define standard but compilation time went up a bunch.
Some things cannot be put into uniforms, like switching between textures apparently. Or I just have no idea why because I'm dead tired.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Golgotha

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.