Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to change the order that shaders are applied

How to change the order that shaders are applied 4 months 3 weeks ago #1

What I want most from this program is the ability to specify the exact order that each shader in the chain is applied to the final image (including fxaa and smaa)..

How do I do that?

Is it as simple as changing the order in Pipeline.cfg?
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Daemonjax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to change the order that shaders are applied 4 months 3 weeks ago #2

• JBeckman
  • Thank you received: 36
Should be Pipeline.cfg for ReShade 2.x that defines the order the shaders are loaded from one another, for 3.x I assume it's in the config file and the order you activate the effects but that's still in beta and a ways off from release yet. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daemonjax

How to change the order that shaders are applied 4 months 3 weeks ago #3

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1392
JBeckman wrote:
3.x I assume it's in the config file and the order you activate the effects but that's still in beta and a ways off from release yet. :)
In 3.0 you can just drag and drop an effect to a different location in the in-game UI (as comunicated in the tutorial).
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daemonjax

How to change the order that shaders are applied 4 months 3 weeks ago #4

Yeps... just pipeline.cfg and then also modifying each individual .cfg file (like SweetFX.cfg) to enable each shader you want one by changing the 0 to a 1 (why don't they all just come with 1's by them? They don't actually run unless they're also in the pipeline).

But, yeah, that works. With regular sweetfx I couldn't figure out a way to order smaa/fxaa, now I can. I can basically just use fxaa as a blur shader and then sharpen it, and then use smaa as the final pass. Add in some mlaa at the driver level, and I can antialias a 640x480 scene blown up to the size of my screen with minimal blur (most of it coming from the smaa). ;)

The mediator GUI program just gets in the way (imo). It doesn't have any features that can actually help me do stuff, but it's nice enough for copying the files over to the game folder -- it just takes too many clicks to even get that done. Just embrace editing .cfg files with a text editor -- It's the future.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Daemonjax.