Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Using the Reshade 3.0 beta with old framework?

Using the Reshade 3.0 beta with old framework? 3 months 2 weeks ago #1

Apparently this is possible, Has anyone tried this yet? Is it relatively easy? because i've pretty much exhausted all my options in trying to get it work, and if anything i am now genuinely curious how it can be done. I've already tried dropped the framework files (and folder structure into the same folder as the ReShade 3.0 dll and with both the old ReShade.fx and the new Reshade.fxh files,. I have also tried to point the effect search path to the old framework shader folder, but to no avail, any help would be much appreciated
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Aelius Maximus.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using the Reshade 3.0 beta with old framework? 3 months 2 weeks ago #2

Wow, nothing, even though crosire stated that it was possible..

Using the Reshade 3.0 beta with old framework? 3 months 1 week ago #3

• brussell
  • Thank you received: 113
Seems like ReShade 3.0 doesn't accept relative file paths. You have to change the line "#include Common.fx" for every effect file under "ReShade/Shaders/CeeJay", "ReShade/Shaders/MartyMcFly" and "ReShade/Shaders/Otis" to "#include ReShade/Shaders/CeeJay/Common.fx", "#include ReShade/Shaders/MartyMcFly/Common.fx", and "#include ReShade/Shaders/Otis/Common.fx" accordingly.

Furthermore you have to delete the preprocessor definitions under the settings tab of the overlay.
Thats it.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by brussell.

Using the Reshade 3.0 beta with old framework? 2 months 4 weeks ago #4

• Echo
  • Thank you received: 1
First of all am really excited about Reshade 3.0. I wanted to try it myself. The Sharders from GitHub work, but was missing the SweetFX-CeeJay's-Shaders.
Tried the instructions of Brussell, but the SweetFX-settings didn't load (used Rehade v2.0.3 files)

Could you Brussel or someone else please explain more in steps/detail (which files to overwrite/keep/change) how to get SweetFX/CeeJay's-Shaders working from with Reshade 3.0?
This link github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders doesn't have them yet.

I apologize in advance if I missed something. Thanks in advance and I really appreciate, as many Reshade/Shaders users do, the work u guys put in your free time into this amazing tool(s) that makes our PC-gaming experience so much better. Thank you!

Using the Reshade 3.0 beta with old framework? 2 months 4 weeks ago #5

• bopper2010
  • Thank you received: 9
I believe the SweetFX shaders and others too require them to be ported over to ReShade 3.0 by the developers in order for them to work properly. ReShade 3.0 has some changes under the hood in terms of how the .fx files are organised and written so older ones probably will have issues. Im sure they are already working on porting these shaders over for 3.0 it will probably take some time as they are pretty busy.

Using the Reshade 3.0 beta with old framework? 2 months 4 weeks ago #6

• Echo
  • Thank you received: 1
Completely understandable.
Thanks for the heads up and again we appreciate all the efforts and work that you guys put into (renewing) Reshade/Shaders/Textures.
Many thanks to you all!