Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

• jminternelia
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by jminternelia Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was created by jminternelia
I tested this game.

ReShade works with d3d11 (not dxgi).

I am also very happy to confirm ReShade has FULL depth buffer access. Game uses a logarithmic depth buffer.

Was hoping someone could update the compatibility list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago #2 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Yeah, MXAO looks great in fact!

But here's the strange thing, with NO effects: and "d3d11"

ReShade 2:
[img

Reshade 3 beta:
[img

• jminternelia
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #3 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Lots of people are having issues, allegedly. I am running Titan X SLI, and as long as I stay at 1440p and disable MSAA, I maintain 50-55 FPS with ReShade activated.

• Ioxa
More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

lowenz wrote: Yeah, MXAO looks great in fact!

But here's the strange thing, with NO effects: and "d3d11"

ReShade 2:

Reshade 3 beta:
[img

It does seem a little strange but I don't think a single test of each is enough to draw any conclusions from. Run the benchmark 3 times with 2.0, 3.0, and 3 times without ReShade so there is something to compare those numbers to.

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #5 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Crosire confirmed that the boost of ReShade 3.0 *without effects* is real and expected.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lowenz.

• jminternelia
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Anyone that can add it to the games compatibility list?

• lowenz
More
7 years 6 months ago #7 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Not working anymore (a patch some time ago blocked the hooking possibility).

Move this thread in troubleshooting section!

• JBeckman
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #8 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Should work as long as you don't use the preview branch and even with that as long as you do not enable the DX12 API ReShade 3.x should be compatible with the game. :)
(ReShade currently does not support DX12 or Vulkan with support planned but no ETA at the moment.)

EDIT: D3D11.dll works here, proxy via SpecialK however did not work.
(Which is interesting as it works just fine in for example Fallout 4)
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by JBeckman.

• lowenz
More
7 years 6 months ago #9 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
SpecialK?
And DXMD is a 64bit only application: I cant' see the 64 bit version of ReShade 3.0 to download.

• lowenz
More
7 years 6 months ago #10 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
I've just seen the other post JBeckman, thanks!

Now it works (with dxgi.dll to)! But what is it this "SpecialK proxy" ?

• Sunesha
More
7 years 6 months ago #11 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

JBeckman wrote: Yep supports both 32 and 64 bit, target a 64-bit exe and you get the 64-bit .dll file or use what Crosire said earlier and hold the CTRL button down after starting the setup tool and when you press the button to select a file it'll instead dump both ReShade32 and ReShade64 in the folder where said setup exe is located. :)
(And then you can copy those over manually if you want.)

• JBeckman
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #12 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

lowenz wrote: I've just seen the other post JBeckman, thanks!

Now it works (with dxgi.dll to)! But what is it this "SpecialK proxy" ?

It's not necessarily important for this discussion or how to say but to answer the question it is a utility by Kaldaien:
github.com/Kaldaien

github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/releases
steamcommunity.com/groups/SpecialK_Mods/discussions

He has made a number of utilities for various games improving certain features of them and SpecialK is a sort of global injector allowing for some of these features to work in any game (FlipMode and SwapChain improvements is of particular interest to me but there's other functions too.) and it is possible to configure it to load proxy .dll files in order to also make use of e.g ReShade.

Anyways far as Deus Ex: Mankind Divided goes it seems one of the recent updates has got me into a bit of a problem so I spent a while tinkering with that (Which is why it took me a while to reply here.) but yeah there's no real solution yet it seems, I can get to the main menu (Well that works to check ReShade compatibility at least. :P ) but starting a game, DLC episode or the benchmark causes a stall.

steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/1/355043117526235794/
www.reddit.com/r/Deusex/comments/4z7llh/...ashes_on_startup_pc/

The developers (Or Nixxes whom are responsible for the PC version.) will hopefully sort it out in the next patch for the game but who knows when that will be released.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by JBeckman.

• lowenz
More
7 years 6 months ago #13 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Thanks man, much appreciated ;)

• jminternelia
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #14 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Anyone having issues now with 3.x running on DXMD, roll back your driver to 378.66. Nvidia broke ReShade for this game.

• JoPineapples68
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #15 by JoPineapples68 Replied by JoPineapples68 on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Actually i wrote this:

JoPineapples68 wrote:
FYI - Nvidia driver 378.66 stops Reshade working with Deus Ex, had to roll it back to 376.33 and worked fine again. Don't know if someone needs advising of this or not....But that's your problem. :pinch:

And i have tried this numerous times. Nvid 376.33 is stable for this game.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.