Installation Procedure

• LancerSolurus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by LancerSolurus Installation Procedure was created by LancerSolurus
I was wondering what the proper procedure is for installing V3? Is it install V2 first then install V3 over it? Or do I just install it by itself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bopper2010
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #2 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic Installation Procedure
You need to download the shader's separately for ReShade 3.0 as they are no longer combined into the download like the older Framework format. There are some posted on this Github page, just copy all the text and paste it into a blank txt file, and name it for example for LumaSharpen.fx. These must be saved as .fx and as All Files not txt file. If saved correctly it should have the little blue Notepad icon instead of the blank page txt file icon. Also there is a file on Github called ReShade.fxh make sure to create one of these also and place it in the directory. There is a limited amount of shaders to work with until they are ported over for use with 3.0 but it should help you get up and running so to speak.

Github Shader's: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/tree/master/Shaders

Next choose the game you want to install ReShade to using the tool supplied, select the exe and the API i.e dxgi, opengl,d3d9 etc depending on your game and then hit Launch and it should place the files where you need them. All you need to do then is launch the game and hit Shift+F2 and open the in game GUI and follow the tutorial, I suggest placing the .fx files and the ReShade.fxh file in the main directory of the game just keep it simple as this is the default location. You can specify a different location using the in game tool once you are familiar with it all.

Im not sure if this is the correct method but it worked for me with the Github shaders anyways and some older MasterEffect files.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by bopper2010. Reason: Adding link

• LancerSolurus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #3 by LancerSolurus Replied by LancerSolurus on topic Installation Procedure
Thanks for the reply. I have all of the shaders from Github and put them in using the shaders and texture folders. After 2-3 restarts it finally showed up. This is my own custom game engine and it seemed to work fine except for one issue. I use smoothing on all characters and NPC models. Seems it blocks the creation of the first normal smoothing (which is the player's model) since the NPC that uses the same model is smoothed. Other than the MXAO causing weird issue on far away objects, it worked perfectly.

• bopper2010
More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic Installation Procedure
Well given the fact ReShade 3.0 is still in Beta there are bound to be issues here and there especially when your using it on a different engine. Regarding the MXAO issue you mentioned it's creator MartyMcFly is active on these forums and might be able to help you out.

• crosire
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Installation Procedure

bopper2010 wrote: There are some posted on this Github page, just copy all the text and paste it into a blank txt file, and name it for example for LumaSharpen.fx. These must be saved as .fx and as All Files not txt file.

Don't. There is a big green "Clone or download" button on GitHub. Click on that and choose "Download ZIP". That gets you all the files in correct encoding and format. You can go and pick the shaders you want from the downloaded archive then. =)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire.

• bopper2010
More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic Installation Procedure
Ah sweet thanks for the heads up Crosire that makes it a whole lot easier :)

• LancerSolurus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #7 by LancerSolurus Replied by LancerSolurus on topic Installation Procedure
Thanks for the reply. The point of this thread is to point out there is no installation instructions as to either V2 is needed or not. I did end up finding that info after going through a lot of posts. Just suggestion that you might include either a readme in the download on this or put it as a tab at the top of the website. The main reason I asked is that when I left V2 installed, it used the reshade.fx and sweetfx.fx. And since most of the old FX files aren't compatible, it acted kinda weird, at one point even going to a black and white screen. BTW cudos to you, I had tried other ENB programs which didn't work at all, I was pleasantly surprised when I fired up my game and it was working more or less perfectly.

For those wondering, no, V2 is not required at all, use V3 by itself. If you have previously installed V2, remove it before installing V3. Download the zip from the Github page (Green button on the page). Extract it. Copy the 'Shaders' and 'Textures' folder to your folder containing the EXE. Then once in the game, open up the interface and add those 2 folders to the folders searched. Restart the game and re-enter the interface and select which effects you wish to use. Also if the 2 DLLs aren't present in the EXE folder, you will need to copy them over from the extracted Reshade V3 folder, as I had to do.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LancerSolurus.

• HarveyKrumpet
More
7 years 7 months ago #8 by HarveyKrumpet Replied by HarveyKrumpet on topic Installation Procedure
BRAVO! thanks for the instructions, it cleared up my questions on the same topic.

• crosire
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Installation Procedure
By the way, you don't have to restart the game after adding the folders. Just click on the reload button in the bottom left of the home tab of the in-game interface.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire.

• Ranhcase
More
7 years 7 months ago #10 by Ranhcase Replied by Ranhcase on topic Installation Procedure
it didn't worked for me, i did all by the way you instructed, but when i launch the game and press "Shift+F2" nothing happens.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.