Effect variables unavailable?

• 2mg
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by 2mg Effect variables unavailable? was created by 2mg

I can't expand the dropdown menu for variables? Configuration mode of course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Effect variables unavailable?
Can you interact with other widgets via the mouse (e.g. switch tabs, enable/disable effects, ...)? I assume you can, because the tutorial was continued and some effects are enabled, but that could have been done through the config file ...
Does it work if you clear the search box? What if you finish the tutorial?

• 2mg
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3 by 2mg Replied by 2mg on topic Effect variables unavailable?
Everything works, except expanding that variable list, for any (used and unused) shaders. This is also my first using of shaders for that game, so no leftovers or something either.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by 2mg.

• crosire
More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Effect variables unavailable?
Which game?

• 2mg
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #5 by 2mg Replied by 2mg on topic Effect variables unavailable?
WoT, HD client (dx11 as reported in msi afterburner)

PS: Does Reshade 3.0 pack SweetFX 2.0? If not, can you PM me how to include them into Reshade?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by 2mg.

• 2mg
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by 2mg Replied by 2mg on topic Effect variables unavailable?
Any news?

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Effect variables unavailable?
Installed World of Tanks and tried this, but had zero issues using the mouse and expanding variables whatsoever (both fullscreen and window mode).

• mindu
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #8 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic Effect variables unavailable?

2mg wrote: Everything works, except expanding that variable list, for any (used and unused) shaders. This is also my first using of shaders for that game, so no leftovers or something either.

I think you need to finish tutorial first.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by mindu.

• 2mg
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #9 by 2mg Replied by 2mg on topic Effect variables unavailable?

mindu wrote:

2mg wrote: Everything works, except expanding that variable list, for any (used and unused) shaders. This is also my first using of shaders for that game, so no leftovers or something either.

I think you need to finish tutorial first.

I did, tried restarting it and all...

crosire wrote: Installed World of Tanks and tried this, but had zero issues using the mouse and expanding variables whatsoever (both fullscreen and window mode).

I ran HD client with Improved Graphics, you? I don't really think HD is important, however Improved Graphics use different shader or something technical. I also have 151% DPI in Win7 if it matters.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Effect variables unavailable?
Did all three things. Still works as expected.

• 2mg
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #11 by 2mg Replied by 2mg on topic Effect variables unavailable?

crosire wrote: Did all three things. Still works as expected.

I found out that RTSS was interfering - both worked at same time, but drop down menus for ReShade didn't work.

Turning RTSS off made them work.

Then I realized, that I like my OSD in the middle, and it's set in RTSS configurator, 850px from the left side, and that setting somehow messes up drop down in ReShade! Otherwise, it works in parallel with RTSS, no problems.

Would you mind taking a look as to why would such a simple option interfere with ReShade?

My RTSS settings:

PS: please check my Armored Warfare not starting thread
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by 2mg.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #12 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic Effect variables unavailable?
This happens randomly to me.

Sometimes the fine tuning menus just do not open, and there is no apparent trigger to this bug happen.
I do not use any overclocking program, and the only activated softwares are HWiNFO and STEAM.
Almost always the fine-tuning menu works perfectly, but sometimes not, >in the same game<.
Today I noticed that the Reshade was VERY "heavy", I tried to enter the preset name, but there is a huge delay clicking or typing, exactly when I'm creating the first preset during the tutorial.
Perhaps the menu does not open because of the random delay in the keyboard and mouse clicking.
This happens only in Reshade 3.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by WalterDasTrevas.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #13 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Effect variables unavailable?

WalterDasTrevas wrote: This happens randomly to me.

Did some testing and figured out the reason for the random appearance. Nothing that can be fixed in ReShade, but it is very easy to fix yourself by pressing and releasing the modifier keys once. See reshade.me/forum/general-discussion-2/19...sion?start=300#16910 for an explanation as to why.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WalterDasTrevas

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.