Using Reshade 3.0 in ddraw to opengl wrapped games

• drv30
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by drv30 Using Reshade 3.0 in ddraw to opengl wrapped games was created by drv30
Hello,

I was wondering if any person with a lot of technical knowledge or a Reshade developer could tell me if it would be possible to apply reshade.me effects to an old game that uses ddraw.dll (like "DirectX 1"), by using "WineD3D For Windows" (a wrapper that converts direct x to opengl, originally intended for Linux game compatibility).

There is a game i really like called Rainbow Six Rogue Spear, it is an example of one of many games that no longer work with Windows 10. I found that by converting the game to opengl the game worked.
So then I tried to see if reshade would work using the opengl API, but it didnt.

So I ask this because I know reshade has a lot of compatibility issues with other games, so i wonder if finding a way to make WINED3D work with Reshade, could potentially fix compatibility with several games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowenz
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Using Reshade 3.0 in ddraw to opengl wrapped games
Use dgVoodoo2 ;)

dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2_53.zip

And yes, ReShade on top of that (dxgi.dll)

• drv30
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by drv30 Replied by drv30 on topic Using Reshade 3.0 in ddraw to opengl wrapped games
Great, thanks!!

I tried it and it worked.
I was hoping ambient occlusion would work but i guess this game is simply too old. Other effects did work though thanks again!

• drv30
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by drv30 Replied by drv30 on topic Using Reshade 3.0 in ddraw to opengl wrapped games
I did notice the game keeps resizing. I think it has to do because the main menu is fixed at 640x480 while the game isn't.
I tried different combinations of settings in Voodoo2 and it kept resizing and requiring me to use alt tab each time something loads in the game. It is quite annoying after a few mins.

Do you happen to know anything about this?

• lowenz
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Using Reshade 3.0 in ddraw to opengl wrapped games

drv30 wrote: I did notice the game keeps resizing. I think it has to do because the main menu is fixed at 640x480 while the game isn't.
I tried different combinations of settings in Voodoo2 and it kept resizing and requiring me to use alt tab each time something loads in the game. It is quite annoying after a few mins.

Do you happen to know anything about this?

Join us in dgVoodoo2 thread and ask the dev :D
www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34931&start=2600

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.