Reshade 3.0: Custom settings for shaders

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by Sunesha Reshade 3.0: Custom settings for shaders was created by Sunesha
I was messing about and converting my settings to the new Reshade 3, when I discovered that some settings are not present any longer. Though in the case of the excellent MXAO I found my settings in the .fx file. Where found the AO Fade settings. Is there a another way to edit this settings?

In the case of the Ambient Light shade, I couldn't find settings for the bloom and flare shaders.

It is not super big deal, but I maybe just overlooked where you can change those settings. Or maybe they just not relevant any longer ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 3.0: Custom settings for shaders
Some settings cannot be implemented as uniform variables and therefore are not exposed to the GUI and cannot be changed in realtime. However, they can be set in the "Preprocessor Definitions" field on the settings tab.
For example in the case of MXAO you can add the line "AO_FADE____START=0.5" and hit "Reload" to set the fading start distance. Any values that are prefixed with a "#define" in the effect files can be changed that way (if they are encapsuled between #ifndef...#endif). I just fixed MXAO so this works. You can either use the setup tool to redownload all shaders or grab the fixed MXAO file from github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/master/Shaders/MXAO.fx .
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunesha

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Reshade 3.0: Custom settings for shaders
Thank you, that is a excellent solution. I worked so much with the framework so I find the defines I want =)

Cool, I keep eye on the shader site. I must say I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was for me to getting going even with all new stuff.

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Reshade 3.0: Custom settings for shaders
Cool, I just messed about with the settings. It works great, I really prefer not mess with .fx files so this works great.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.