Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3

• cptunnamed
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by cptunnamed Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3 was created by cptunnamed
I'm sorry if this was already posted or if this isn't posted in the right category
but could i get banned for using this in bf3? i got banned for using color correction in an old account so i'm worried that i will be banned for this
thank you for any answers
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by cptunnamed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Emanon
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by Emanon Replied by Emanon on topic Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3
Yes, developers confirmed years ago they're banning anyone who uses tools like SweetFX, meaning use at your own risk.

• Kuniyo
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by Kuniyo Replied by Kuniyo on topic Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3
Do you have a source for that?

I can't remember playing any battlefield (3, 4 and 1) without Reshade and I haven't been banned.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3
Pretty much nobody ever directly said that they would ban for using ReShade. That's just false information. What most studios do say is that they do not support any external tools and sometimes using them breaches the end-user agreement you agreed to when installing the game. This means they won't be held responsible should an anti-cheat software misinterpret ReShade an ban you. This is use-at-your-own-risk software. While this is unlikely, it's not impossible and should it happen you are basically out of luck.

• Emanon
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5 by Emanon Replied by Emanon on topic Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3
One of the posts from the oficial forums,

I have had a ban for using SweetFX (Battlefield 3 though not BF4, but presumably the same). Punkbuster doesn't like the dxgi.dll. I now have a "Violation (GAMEHACK) #81576" against me and I can't seem to get in any games

Feel free to navigate them, and you'll find a lot more.

Punkbuster hates hooks, you'll get kicked and endup banned if you use them with either BF3 and/or BF4, this has been discussed and confirmed in battlelog forums years ago.

And like I said, DICE is actively banning www.pcgamer.com/dice-hints-bans-color-co...ng-battlefield-3-mo/

I understand color correction doesn't make post processing tools as whole, but the option is there, I myself have been kicked from games on BF3 while using Reshade (SMAA and Sharpening).

Bottom of line, never use post processing tools in online games (or use at your own risk), anti-cheating tools won't like that.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Emanon.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3
This proves my point. First of all ReShade is NOT SweetFX. Second the game designer in that article gave a warning because the possibility for trouble is there, like I said. Third, it's not the first time people were banned for using hacks and then blame ReShade etc. for it in an attempt to get out of it. Punkbuster does kick for using ReShade sometimes (mostly when a new ReShade version comes out) and it does kick with a totally valid explanation ("multiple D3D libraries" or something along those lines, which is true when ReShade is active). It won't detect ReShade as a GAMEHACK. Those are usually found by comparing file signatures with a list of known cheat software.

• Emanon
More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by Emanon Replied by Emanon on topic Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3
Known signatures are detected as MD5 not GAMEHACK.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3
I was talking about the violation description.

• Emanon
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #9 by Emanon Replied by Emanon on topic Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3
And the violation description says MD5TOOL not GAMEHACK, so my point stands.

Reshade and other post processing programs fall under the GAMEHACK category, they're not under known signatures but hook into the game, and if punkbuster doesn't like it you get kicked (and risk a ban).

Bottom of line (like I said before) use post processing tools at your own risk in multiplayer games, you're risking to get banned due to anti-cheat heuristics.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Emanon.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Could i get banned for using this in Battlefield 3

Emanon wrote: Bottom of line (like I said before) use post processing tools at your own risk in multiplayer games, you're risking to get banned due to anti-cheat heuristics.

Agreed.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.